When should I get a MacBook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lovedakota, May 4, 2011.

  1. lovedakota macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2011
    #1
    I've made up my mind on the basic 13" pro. I was going to buy it on June 5th, but I don't really think I should do that now. If possible I would like to get the machine with Lion installed already. Should I wait for WWDC? Its 4 days long so I guess I could wait it out, but would they release it the day of announcement, or would it be in a couple of weeks afterwards? I know this is all speculation, but I appreciate you input

    Thanks :)
     
  2. mox123 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2007
    Location:
    Chicago
    #2
    wait till next year for the MBP case redesign and the dramatic 3D transistor architecture of ivy bridge :D
     
  3. DustinT macrumors 68000

    DustinT

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2011
    #3
    Man, just go buy one. The hardware was just updated and they are terrific machines. Installing Lion will take about 30 mins in typical Apple fashion. You'll love it.
     
  4. lovedakota thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2011
    #4
    How much do you think the Lion update would cost?
     
  5. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

    ECUpirate44

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2010
    Location:
    NC
    #5
    129 tops. Just buy now, delaying a computer purchase because of an OS upgrade is silly.
     
  6. alust2013 macrumors 601

    alust2013

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2010
    Location:
    On the fence
    #6
    My guess is around $100, so it may be worth waiting for a little while. At this point, I personally won't be upgrading for a while, as I'm not a huge fan of what I have seen so far out of Lion.
     
  7. acedickson macrumors 6502a

    acedickson

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2004
    Location:
    ATL
    #7
    If they do announce, and release, at WWDC anyone buying a MBP within a month or two before may also get a discounted price on Lion.
     
  8. lovedakota thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2011
    #8
    That's what I thought, if waiting a week or two can save me a couple of bucks, then its worth the wait.
     
  9. ender land macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2010
    #9
    if you are a student, waiting to take advantage of a likely free iPod program is a good idea. (maybe this is currently happening)
     
  10. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

    xxBURT0Nxx

    Joined:
    Jul 9, 2009
    #10
    I've heard that if you buy a laptop with snow leopard now you won't ever be able to upgrade to lion. :eek:

    I think you should wait for whatever comes after Lion... nobody wants to have old technology!

    a week or two? If lion is released in a week or two anyone who bought a computer will get a free upgrade, no sense in waiting for nothing.
     
  11. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

    GGJstudios

    Joined:
    May 16, 2008
    #11
    You heard wrong.
     
  12. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

    xxBURT0Nxx

    Joined:
    Jul 9, 2009
    #12
    guess you missed the sarcasm ;)

    i don't think there is ever a reason to wait for a new os to be released before buying the hardware....
     

Share This Page