When should I get my first mac?????

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mcc2008, Feb 5, 2008.

1. mcc2008 macrumors newbie

I'm waiting for the new Macbook Pro updates to come out.... Whenever that may be!!! I was just wondering if the updates will be minor or will they incorporate a new design for the Macbook Pro?

2. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

No one knows for sure but if you CAN wait, I'd say wait. I don't think you'd necessarily regret it if you don't, but if you don't need the MBP right away, you should try waiting.

3. hockeysc23 macrumors regular

Excellent point. If you need one buy now and you will be happy with it. If you can wait then surely a new version will come out probably in the summer.

I don't think you will see a lot of design changes just processor, and track pad. Speed etc.

4. eswank macrumors 6502

I remember reading heatmiser's signature one day and it stated:

"You can wait forever, but no matter when you buy one, a new one will never be more than six months away."

I've been torn between which notebooks to get. But after reading that quote it just makes so much sense. There's no need to worry about an update. Look, Apple update their iPhone capacity yesterday but I'm not worried about it at all since I know I can manage with the space that I have.

I don't think it should matter when you buy one. Just be content with what you have. I think it'll save time and money in the long run.