When should I replace my Iphone 3g?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Olliebear, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Olliebear macrumors newbie

Hi,

I lost my Iphone 3G 16gb last week and stupidly it was uninsured. (I now see the error of my ways)

I'm going to go and buy a replacement but I wondered if anyone knew when would be the best time to buy one? It's currently going to cost me £400 for a replacement on Pay as you go from O2 in the UK. But I can go without it for a couple of months.

There are as lots of rumours about a possible 32gb version being announced early in January. Surely if this happens the price of a 16gb will go down? Should I wait until after then? Or should I just stump up the cash now?

Olliebear.

2. DanielJvdBerg macrumors regular

I would wait, it's not even a month off. Afther that if there's no upgrade would just buy the 16GB

3. ghostshadow777 macrumors member

ghostshadow777

I'm sorta in the same boat. My original iPhone took a swim with me in the ocean of Waikiki! :( I was going to get a 3G after getting back to mainland but now I am gonna wait till Jan. 2009 and see what Apple has in store.

4. unixfool macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

I doubt that there's a new release scheduled in the next few months...the latest version of the iPhone is still new. Besides, nothing is pushing Apple to up the storage to 32GB...certainly not the Storm!

5. ghostshadow777 macrumors member

ghostshadow777

The more I look at it, the more unlikely Apple'll release updated versions of the iPhone in January. Mainly, they risk pissing off all those holiday shoppers who have just bought the phone for him/herself or for family members. And with Wal-Mart coming online as an iPhone distributor this month, the likelihood of giving them a new iPhone SKU come January is rather unlikely.