Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Barcafan89

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 23, 2015
England
im English and I'm waiting for the 7 I've been offered good prices for my iPhone 6s but im I wanna know when should I sell up? Does anyone know when the keynote for the iPhone 7 is likely to be announced ? What's the likely realase date for the 7 ? Thanks

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Sep 2, 2015
im English and I'm waiting for the 7 I've been offered good prices for my iPhone 6s but im I wanna know when should I sell up? Does anyone know when the keynote for the iPhone 7 is likely to be announced ? What's the likely realase date for the 7 ? Thanks

ASAP prices will tank they day the announce the iPhone 7 do not wait even 1 more Day. iPhones become worthless fast. I have an iPhone 5s 64GB mint condition no one wants it even for $100.

My iPhone 6 16GB did sell for $450 right before the 6s came out. That was good.

ibookg409

Suspended
Apr 20, 2016
Portsmouth, NH
I put mine on eBay about 4 weeks before the new phone was due to be released.

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
Yes. Almost immediately. Because it sold so quickly I had to dig my original iPhone out of a drawer and use that as my phone until the new one arrived.
I still don't know what to do with mine yet give it to my dad he has the 6 and upgrade his line for me to get 7 or trade in my 6s plus to AT&T but my phone still has apple care till next year

mtneer

macrumors 68040
Sep 15, 2012
Yes. Almost immediately. Because it sold so quickly I had to dig my original iPhone out of a drawer and use that as my phone until the new one arrived.

Wow you should do a review on how the original iPhone performs now, 9 years after its birth!

ibookg409

Suspended
Apr 20, 2016
Portsmouth, NH
I still don't know what to do with mine yet give it to my dad he has the 6 and upgrade his line for me to get 7 or trade in my 6s plus to AT&T but my phone still has apple care till next year
Cell it now and get a cricket plan for a couple months.
[doublepost=1469007250][/doublepost]
Wow you should do a review on how the original iPhone performs now, 9 years after its birth!
I can review it right now....

Pros:
Awesome battery
Great icons
iTunes app was still usable
Great conversation starter
Nostalgic

Cons:
Slow as hell
Tiny screen
Horrible resolution
Small storage
Horrible camera
No gps

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
This being an Apple forum Some might cringe, but there are some extremely good deals on the nexus 5x right now, so even if you don't have a backup phone you can buy one for under $200 if you wait for the right deal. I just picked one up for $150 from a slickdeals link, though not for the same reasons. Say what you will about android (I happen to like it) but for $150 it's a solid performer and I almost wish o had gotten that for my son instead of the more expensive SE

Reactions: TouchedByAl

ibookg409

Suspended
Apr 20, 2016
Portsmouth, NH
This being an Apple forum Some might cringe, but there are some extremely good deals on the nexus 5x right now, so even if you don't have a backup phone you can buy one for under $200 if you wait for the right deal. I just picked one up for $150 from a slickdeals link, though not for the same reasons. Say what you will about android (I happen to like it) but for $150 it's a solid performer and I almost wish o had gotten that for my son instead of the more expensive SE
How does music work on the android phones? Can you use iTunes to put music on an android phone? How would I get all my music which is stored on iTunes on my Mac onto an android phone?

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
Is it 16 GB only

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Is it 16 GB only
It is, yeah. I think the 64gb has been on sale for about $250 though, and a 32gb option for about $220

For something I didn't plan to make my daily driver I just couldn't justify the extra $70 (I found the 16gb for $150 at the time)
[doublepost=1469123656][/doublepost]
How does music work on the android phones? Can you use iTunes to put music on an android phone? How would I get all my music which is stored on iTunes on my Mac onto an android phone?
You can't use iTunes but there are some applications that work similarly. I prefer the Drs and drop method, which you can do now that (for some time) Apple has removed their stupid DRM.

I honestly don't locally store music much on any platform though, so I'm not exactly the guru here. To give you an idea, the last time I stored music locally was around the time iPhone 4 came to be. Yeah... Been a while lol

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
It is, yeah. I think the 64gb has been on sale for about $220 though.

For something I didn't plan to make my daily driver I just couldn't justify the extra $70 (I found the 16gb for $150 at the time)
[doublepost=1469123656][/doublepost]
You can't use iTunes but there are some applications that work similarly. I prefer the Drs and drop method, which you can do now that (for some time) Apple has removed their stupid DRM.

I honestly don't locally store music much on any platform though, so I'm not exactly the guru here. To give you an idea, the last time I stored music locally was around the time iPhone 4 came to be. Yeah... Been a while lol[/QUOTE

You know that getting android 7.0]

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
I've been thinking about this too. Last year I sold my 6 plus a month before 6s plus came out. I bought a cheap motarola from CEX (god awful phone, terrible!) and wow did it seem like 6 months! So this year I managed to but a mint 5s to use when I sell my 6s plus, but.....the 6s plus that I have now has been the best phone I've ever had. I had some gripes with the 6 plus but this 6s plus is, to me, just perfect and I'm reluctant to let it go. I think I've the 7 is the same shape and size I'll hang on for a year. That said, I've never managed to hang on before! Always end up getting the latest iPhone. We'll see....

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
I'd certainly sell it before the Apple KeyNote announcing the 7. Like the others mentioned, if you have a backup phone, you could sell it now if you wanted to.

Fortunately I'm on the IUP so the only thing I have to decide is whether or not I'm going to upgrade to the 7 or stick with the 6s.

orangebluedevil

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2010
ASAP prices will tank they day the announce the iPhone 7 do not wait even 1 more Day. iPhones become worthless fast. I have an iPhone 5s 64GB mint condition no one wants it even for $100.

My iPhone 6 16GB did sell for $450 right before the 6s came out. That was good.

I'll buy it.

thegrants82

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
Right here
Should have sold a few weeks ago. iphone 7 is mid September.

Last edited:

itsray

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2016
i say you sell it within the next 2 weeks. there hasn't even been an announcement on when they might do the announcement yet so you're still good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.