When should I sell?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by berkleeboy210, Aug 22, 2008.

  1. berkleeboy210 macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2004
    Location:
    Boston, Massachusetts
    #1
    OK....

    waiting on the new laptop models. was planning on holding out until about a week before the announcements before putting the current MBP on eBay or here on MR.

    My Dad went out on a whim and bought a *decent* windows lappy from toshiba. That I'm thinking could hold me over until when/if the new ones are released.

    So should I put it for sale now, and not take much of a hit? or hold it out till mid sep and hope for the best?
     
  2. alphaod macrumors Core

    alphaod

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2008
    Location:
    NYC
    #2
    What kind of hit are you suggesting? Maybe if it gets redesigned people will want the old design more?
     
  3. berkleeboy210 thread starter macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2004
    Location:
    Boston, Massachusetts
    #3
    exactly.

    and just an opinion but if they go with the rumored imac like design, i think the matte screens may be history.

    hmm maybe i'll hang on till they update...
     
  4. BlaqkAudio macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2008
    Location:
    New York
    #4
    I doubt Apple would get rid of matte displays, this is their "Pro" line after all. It wouldn't be very professional for graphics-oriented people to be using glossy displays.
     
  5. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

    SchneiderMan

    Joined:
    May 25, 2008
    Location:
    Apple state
    #5
    apple now has anti-glare matte screen protectors for the mbp's..
    so yahh
     

Share This Page