When should we expect iPad 3 refurbs to roll out on the apple store?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by prosoptomist, Jun 19, 2012.

1. prosoptomist macrumors newbie

Just a thought. Based on the past with the iPad 2, when could we expect to see refurb iPad 3s?

2. -TYLER macrumors regular

3. akuma13 macrumors 6502a

akuma13

If you have a MicroCenter near you check there from time to time. They have some great deals on open box ipad 2's and 3's.

4. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

5. MusicEnthusiast macrumors 6502

MusicEnthusiast

6. MattWeed9 macrumors member

MattWeed9

As many as some people have returned on here already due to screen issues, my guess is it is only a matter of time before millions show up lol.

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

8. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I have not purchased a refurb myself, but a friend got an iPad 3 two weeks ago via this page and he said he saved $85.00 off new. Same full warranty. I've seen some refurbed MBP's and they are just as good as new. If no one told me I would never know.

9. MusicEnthusiast macrumors 6502

MusicEnthusiast

Hm I noticed that a green dot next to a product means there is availability. Yet I don't see any listing of the new iPad anywhere on that page. I imagine it would show a red dot next to it saying it's not available yet, but would it just pop up above the iPad 2 listings then?

10. -TYLER macrumors regular

They have not sold any yet, you can even go ask somebody in their live chat.

11. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

Are you sure? I believe you are mistaken. I've been watching the refurb page like a hawk the past month or so and have never seen a 3 go up.... additionally, Apple has every model on the left side bar that they offer in the refurbed store and if unavailable, the title of that item is grayed out (see "MacBook).

12. Lindsford macrumors 6502a

13. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I have purchased every new iPad upon it's release date. I currently have two iPad 2's & two 3's for my family, so yes I know what they are, and he's brought his over twice.

However if you believe I'm just making up stories for the hell of it, I really don't care.

I'm here contributing to the forum in good faith, yet in the last few days instead of people appreciating my help, they are more interested in calling me a liar and acting as they know everything. I'm fed up with contributing facts.

If I was immature, insecure, and a raging fanboy, maybe I'd understand why people insist on acting out. At 40, after a couple decades using Apple computers, I'm simply too honest, outspoken and direct.

14. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

That I am not sure of. Saw the link given on this site and thought I'd share. Sorry. :(

15. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

I'm sorry, but, in this case I would beg to differ and I think there was a misunderstanding somewhere along the line as Apple has not offered refurbished iPad 3's via the Apple online store. Either he called Apple or went to the store and it was a brown box replacement, it's a new one, it's a 2 and not a 3, it came from another vendor, or some other factor. This is just what I think, sorry. You are overreacting. No one is mad, angry, or calling you names. No one is "acting out". We simply disagree.

16. johndallas999 macrumors 6502a

johndallas999

I can vouch for seeing the "New iPad" in the Apple refurb store as well, 16GB wifi and believe it was 449.00. It's just like any other product in the refurb store and subject to availability. The 16gb iPad 2's sometimes disappear from the store as they sell out. Believe me, they are there and not just because you don't see them does it make it so.

17. myrtlebee, Jun 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2012

myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

You don't seem to understand, Apple lists all products they sell refurb on the left sidebar regardless of availability. Look at the "MacBook" or "iPod Classic"- the name is still there on the list because they offer them refurb, but when they are not in stock the name is simply grayed-out. The 3rd gen iPad is not listed on the list whatsoever. Additionally, I have asked Apple employees and 2 weeks ago I was watching the store like a hawk, like I said, literally checking it every 30 minutes or so around the clock because I was off work, with nothing to do, doing geneaology on my MacMini debating which iPad to purchase as various models popped in and out of the store. I do not believe they have been offered yet, and I think you are mistaken.

18. -TYLER macrumors regular

You can call apple, or go into their live chat. They will tell you they will not and do not put the new iPad refurbs in their online store.

19. chris7777 macrumors 6502

20. johndallas999 macrumors 6502a

johndallas999

So you're telling me I didn't see what I in fact saw, ok then. I guess you don't believe in gravity either since you can't see it personally eh? :rolleyes:

21. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

Red herring. I explained to you why it didn't make sense, and yes, I don't believe it. If something doesn't make sense it probably isn't true.

22. iEvolution macrumors 65816

They usually don't start selling refurbs of current gens until late 3rd, early 4th quarter.

23. poloponies macrumors 68030

Regardless of what you saw, they aren't selling them as a regularly-featured refurb item (one that's recurring on their website) yet.

24. chris7777 macrumors 6502

New question. the $50 itunes card currently offered as a back to school promo. Is that still offered if you buy open box, at a store like best buy or microcenter by chance?

25. poloponies macrumors 68030

From Apple's website:

"Where can I purchase my qualifying Apple Computer or qualifying iPad to participate in the promotion?

U.S. Apple Online Store for Education
    U.S. Apple Retail Stores: Find a store.
    Call 1-800-MY-APPLE
    U.S. Apple Authorized Campus Stores listed at http://education.apple.com/bts/participants"