When Snow Leopard is out, when should I buy iWork and iLife?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by JavaWizKid, Aug 14, 2009.

1. JavaWizKid macrumors 6502a

When Snow Leopard is released, I'm thinking about upgrading my iLife and iWork 08 to 09, however if there is an update to 10 coming soon I'll hold out. Any ideas when that might be?

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

iLife '10, should it exist, would probably be announced either before or after the turn of the year.

"Well, that's specific."

Yeah, I know, but they've done both before.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

4. ButtUglyJeff macrumors 6502a

ButtUglyJeff

Are you asking about the "Mac Box Set"? The current set is $169, and I'm sure that will get updated in September to include Snow Leopard. iLife and iWork were last updated in February. They get updates almost every year, so an update can't be too far away......

5. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

I'm thinking that if someone still needs iLife & iWork 09, the Leopard Box sets ought to be had on the cheap after SL is released. I picked up my Mac Box Set (sealed) on eBay for $110 shipped. Leopard on my PowerBook 1.25GB w/2GB of RAM is much better than expected to be honest! Better than Tiger for me.

6. reubs macrumors 68000

Good question. I'd like to pick up iWork, but I wonder if an update would bring about capabilities to have Pages and Numbers documents able to be edited on the iPhone/iPod touch. I don't know if that would ever be an option, but that could be a big selling point for future versions of iWork. Guess we'll wait until after the first of the year to find out...

7. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

But then Apple should make iPhone version of iWork. Sounds interesting though

8. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

What if Apple decided to just really throw everyone off and release the Snow Leopard Box Set with iLife '10 included? They released iLife '08 in September of '07, IIRC, though of course there had been no iLife '07 that year. I imagine it's a very unlikely possibility, but it would be interesting.

jW