Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

al404

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 24, 2011
Novara, Italy
I got my first Apple Watch 42mm before Christmas and I really liked the sport loop but since was so expensive.

I wished to buy a third party band but on Amazon I read that most of them are not as good as the original, they brake and bend size on 42mm is the same of 38mm

So I thought to get a genuine one for my birthday, but surprise the are sold out every where

When would they be available again, or new collection is coming?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I got my first Apple Watch 42mm before Christmas and I really liked the sport loop but since was so expensive.

I wished to buy a third party band but on Amazon I read that most of them are not as good as the original, they brake and bend size on 42mm is the same of 38mm

So I thought to get a genuine one for my birthday, but surprise the are sold out every where

When would they be available again, or new collection is coming?

Apple typically refreshes the watchbands twice a year. Usually in spring and once again in the fall during the keynote. So I’m willing to believe a refresh could happen between March and early June.

Reactions: al404

al404

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 24, 2011
Novara, Italy
Apple typically refreshes the watchbands twice a year. Usually in spring and once again in the fall during the keynote. So I’m willing to believe a refresh could happen between March and early June.

Is a really long time to keep a product out of stock

I’m not even sure when it got out of stock

ericg301

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2010
just order online. i was in the same boat as you. wanted one but didnt want to spend the $50. my birthday is coming up so i figured what the heck. went to my apple store and they were sold out. ordered online and it was in my mailbox 3 days later.

Nell

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2012
London
Some colours are showing sold out here too but a few are available. If you can get to an Apple Store though, it’s always worth asking as sometimes things showing as sold out are available (I think if the quantities are low they won’t show as available for pick up but a store might have a few in stock).

al404

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 24, 2011
Novara, Italy
On Italian Apple website and other EU Apple website are sold out too.

In Apple store sayed that are othe of stock since are from the “old” collection

Nell

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2012
London
A lot of the woven nylon ones are showing as sold out too. I bought one of the previous version of these after they’d disappeared from the online store completely as my local Apple Store had one; it showed up on their handset when I was asking about the new versions.

squirrrl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
San Diego, CA
I’m hoping that the spring will bring new band colors included with the gold. Not into the pink sand. Sucks that that’s the only option.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I really hope they bring back the old leather buckle style.

I have a SS watch now and want a black leather band so badly, but I liked the somewhat unique look of their old buckle.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Some of these bands selling out could be indicative of a spring Keynote coming. Apple typically doesn’t replenish some older stock of a band if it’s no longer available, meaning that they might be introducing a new color or style band in place.

squirrrl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
San Diego, CA
The black woven will do that

yes.. black, dark blue, olive... certainly many other nice color combos.... would likely not wear the pink sand as i don't think it looks good with my complexion so was hoping for anything other than pink sand as standard with the watch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.