When starting up, "Recovery 10.9" comes up - Bug?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by casio873, Jan 22, 2014.

1. casio873 macrumors newbie

I just got my 13in MacBook Pro with Retina Display. I believe it`s the latest version of MacBook. I wanted to install Windows 7 into my MacBook. So my friend gave me an usb drive with iso file and installed it using BootCamp. Windows 7 seems to run pretty well, but when I turn on MacBook and press option key, there's 3 disks displaying - MacBook, Windows, and this thing called "Recovery 10.9". I don't know what this is for and whether this is bug or not. Because when I saw someone`s instructional video, this wash`t displayed. If this is a bug, please tell me how to fix it. Thanks.

2. Ddyracer macrumors 68000

Ddyracer

3. casio873 thread starter macrumors newbie

is there way not to display this?

4. Twimfy macrumors 6502a

Twimfy

No. Why would you want to hide it anyway? It's an essential part of your machine and you should be pleased it's there.

5. casio873 thread starter macrumors newbie

i quite still dont get what this Recovery 10.9 disk mark is for and what is does. so i tried and clicked that and seems like it can reinstall OSX? if i understand correctly, it does same job like recovery windows CD for PC? Thanks.

6. Intelligent macrumors 6502a

Intelligent

You can repair the disk when you can't start it, etc, i don't know what recovery windows cd does but, you can erase your disk from there and reinstall osx from a time machine etc.

7. Ddyracer macrumors 68000

Ddyracer

Yep and repair and whatnot. don't know about windows functions but yeah, i guess. if you delete it, which i advise not to, make sure you have a backup CLONE of your HD.

8. casio873 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks everyone for the help! Windows running great and will be enjoying my new MacBook now!