when streaming to macbook question

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by timestoby, Nov 10, 2008.

1. timestoby macrumors 6502

im streaming a vob movie which is standard def from my xp pc dekstop to my macbook,is there any settings i need to adjust? cause its workn but im getn this stutter every few seconds. the computers are only 5-6 feet from one another.

2. zachsilvey macrumors 6502

is it over wifi, there should be a enough bandwidth unless you have a bad connection. maybe your xp machine can't serve fast enough.

3. timestoby thread starter macrumors 6502

the xp machine is on the wireless router,its workt perfect when i stream to my vista laptop,ive even goten the vista laptop to have 720p streams without any problems.

ive turned off firewall in xp and have it turned off on mac. and the xp isnt downloading anything.

EDIT: after searching google i found that vlc default caching is 1500 so i set it to 6000 and now the video is playn fine without and problems. i just wonder why when i used vlc on vista and streamd i never had to mess about with such settings,even when i streamd 720 hd stuff to the vista laptop. owell,i guess pc's can do things better and macs can do other things better lol

4. zachsilvey macrumors 6502

thanks for the info, that helps me too. and of course there are things pcs can do better otherwise everyone would be running os x.