Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

randymac88

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
I have had this 11 inch iPad for a few months now...and yet even the major TV networks - ESPN, NBC, TiVo, so many more. When will we get these video players updated? I is maddening.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
What response have the developers of these apps given you when you asked them? I do hope you have. Sloppy device support should not be tolerated.

Greenmeenie

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2013
I have the 11” too. Most of the apps i use have been updated. But yeah, some still aren’t. Netflix is. Youtube is. But i do watch tv on my Optimum Cable tv app which hasnt been updated yet. Black bars on either side. It’s not so annoying tho. I’ve actually gotten used to it. I am sure most apps will be updated soon. Didn’t someone mention in this forum that by March Or something all new updates have to be compatible? Either way, the great things about the 11” far outweigh the annoying.

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
I have the 11” too. Most of the apps i use have been updated. But yeah, some still aren’t. Netflix is. Youtube is. But i do watch tv on my Optimum Cable tv app which hasnt been updated yet. Black bars on either side. It’s not so annoying tho. I’ve actually gotten used to it. I am sure most apps will be updated soon. Didn’t someone mention in this forum that by March Or something all new updates have to be compatible? Either way, the great things about the 11” far outweigh the annoying.

FYI YouTube has not been updated. It still has a black status bar and black home indicator. Still better than those apps that have black bars on the sides. But that just means they are updated to the 10,5.

Starship67

Suspended
Oct 28, 2017
LA
And?....

Facebook have not update their app. Should I email Zuck

all developers know about the new iPads, some are just damn slow to update

Pretty Sure he didn't have anything to to with the development of the facebook app. They do however a support team. So maybe email them, rather than make off the cuff remarks that are pointless. If you have no desire to contract the developers who are slow then I guess you'll just have to deal with it won't you.

Reactions: ericwn

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
FYI YouTube has not been updated. It still has a black status bar and black home indicator. Still better than those apps that have black bars on the sides. But that just means they are updated to the 10,5.

I wish they would at least get rid of the status bar while video plays full screen even if they can’t get around to updating the app as a whole for a while. It’s funny how a big name like YouTube can’t find the resources to get this update done sooner.

Jssmith83

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2016
Considering I still see phone apps that haven't been optimized for the iPhone X style or hell even the + and Max phones, I wouldn't hold your breath. Hopefully, with OS updates this summer, people will be energized by what Apple's bringing this year and will want to update them quicker.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.