Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rodrigokaff

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2018
Suzano, São Paulo - Brazil
Hi Guys

I'm new around here, its my first topic, if I'm doing something wrong, please, send a message and i'll take care in the next Time! Ah, my english is not so good as well, so if you can, be patience haha

Let's to the problem...

I have a MacBook Pro Retina Early 2015 (256 SSD and 8 GB of RAM) and what happens Below:

- Example: My battery is 50% , so OK, not problem. I close it and leave for some hours, and re-open to use. The monitor shows me the symbol of low battery. Until then, everything OK. I plug the MagSafe and the LED turns Orange, is charging, everything all right too. But, When I press the Power Button to turn on, it appears a transparent grey screen (with the login screen on background) with a loading bar on the bottom. And That's it. It's Stuck here. This happens all time when I left my battery runs out on sleep.

I searched on internet for solutions to this problem, but, I didn't find anything about this. The time of battery life is great, nothing to complain (383 cycles.). I only not understand why this happens.

If you need more details from crash reports or system details, I'll provide.

Can anyone help me out? :D

Thank you very much Guys!

Rodrigokaff

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2018
Hello Everyone,

Searching for more details about my problem, I find out what it is the "transparent grey screen" a mentioned before.

Is the Safe Sleep.

" Safe Sleep ensures that data stored in the main memory of your Mac isn't lost when the computer shuts down due to its battery being drained completely.

Before your Mac enters sleep, Safe Sleep automatically saves the contents of its main memory — like desktop settings, open applications, and other work in progress — to the hard drive. "
mcp-elcap-waking_after_sleep_mode-cropped.png

The Load bar I mentioned before.

After the bar completely loads, the Mac Stuck and don´t work anymore. Is need to shutdown through the power button, holding e waiting to shutdown.

When I turn on again, It boot normal.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
"Example: My battery is 50% , so OK, not problem. I close it and leave for some hours, and re-open to use."

My suggestions:
If you're not going to use it for several hours, shut it down, then reboot.
These things reboot quickly.
Same for at night ... shut down, then reboot in the morning.

Rodrigokaff

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2018
After several days, I guess i found it the problem.

Recently i wanted to install bootcamp on my MacBook Pro. So, i get a error message saying that: " Bootcamp can't be installed on external drives, RAID drives or drives where the FileVault is enable"

So I was surprised because, My MacBook has only 1 SSD PCI, so it not external, not RAID. I verified if the FileVault is enable, I remember pretty sure to not enable it but i was check it again.

Then, I open the Disk Utility and see that my SSD was recognized as external drive. But how? In the moment i didn't know how to fix that. So, after several hours searching for a solution, i found it.

The manufacturer of my SSD provides a software seems like a driver for the SSD and fix this problem, setting SSD for internal drive.

They Call it OWC DualBoot Enabler (dmg) this software allow you to use BootCamp Appropriately.
( OWC Dual Boot Enabler 1.0 )

And guess what... this simple change fixed my problem. So, i leave my Macbook runs out of battery on sleep. I plug the charger and it turns on perfectly.

So, if someone else have this same problem, i hope this can help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.