When the iPad 2 JB comes....

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by HarryPot, Apr 11, 2011.

1. HarryPot macrumors 6502a

... and supposing it comes for the 4.3.1 iOS, and I buy an iPad with iOS 4.3.2 (I'm not planning on buying the iPad right now), would it be possible to revert to the previous software version to perform the JB?

Strange question, I know. But it was bugging me to know:)

2. skafia macrumors 6502

skafia

I don't think so because you would need the old SHSH blob for 4.3.1 to downgrade to 4.3.1.

Keep in mind that the iPad 2 that you are going to buy will most likely be 4.3.1 and not 4.3.2. When new firmwares are applied it takes time for them to circulate to retail. So, I'm sure you can just purchase and if its 4.3.2 (which I doubt if you buy right away) and return it and keep doing that until you get 4.3.1.

OR

Just wait for a 4.3.2 Jailbreak.

3. evangw macrumors regular

No.

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

IT will depend on "when" you get it.

there is a period (have been from just few hours, to a few days in the past), where Apple server still sign old firmware. The bottom line is that you will need SHSH blobs for the older firmware in oder to go there. If you can get those SHSH signed, them you can, if are unable to, them you are stuck with the most current version of the firmware until a new JB comes out.

5. skafia macrumors 6502

skafia

Terrible answer.

6. gigaguy, Apr 11, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2011

gigaguy macrumors 65816

Why?
    'No', is the exact perfect answer to the question.
    This is a definite part of Apple's updates, to fix things and block previous jailbreaks.
    What I would do is buy a used one, maybe cheaper and future jailbreakable, cause you can verify with the seller what FW it is on. I'd go for 4.3.
    By the time you buy a new one, there will have been already 3 firmware version on the iPad2.

7. HarryPot thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks.

Maybe this is just one reason to make me buy one right now. I really think the jailbreak is going to be a most have for me in the iPad. And seeing how slow this JB things go, I fear the one for 4.3.2 might take a long time.

8. gigaguy macrumors 65816

I agree, I miss my jailbroken iPad1 I sold. I wonder if the orig. iPad2 4.3 may be better than a 4.3.1 or 4.3.2, not sure.
    mine's still on 4.3.
    I've been using my newly jailbroken iPod Touch4 more. with the higher res retina screen, the Touch is sweet.

9. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

slow? :eek:

You must be new to the JB stuff!

just saying...

but anyway the sooner you get it the better, not just because of JB but because the ipad is just awesome :cool:

10. skafia macrumors 6502

skafia

It may be a valid answer to the question, but to me it is still a terrible answer. Just imagine if every question that you ever asked received a simple "Yes/No" reply, do you think you would know as much as you do today?

I'm sure the original poster (and all members) are looking for answers with explanations.

11. HarryPot thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well... I'm indeed new to this JB stuff.:) After 3-4 years with an iOS device, this is the first time I've JB (with my iPhone). And I must say it is awesome.

I know I should buy it right now. But there is still some part in me telling me that I really don't need an iPad.:eek:

12. Trevornewell macrumors member

Kick that part of you that don't need it in the head and get one. You won't be sorry. It's a dreat device.

13. EvilMonk macrumors regular

EvilMonk

Terrible question answered dozens of times on this forum :D

14. blackwind macrumors regular

I reserved my ipad 2 from apple store (by reversation, as we can't just walk into store and buy it at counter) and pickup on Last Saturday 2/4/11. Mine come with 4.3.0...

I think if you buy in store today u might have a chance of getting 4.3 but if you order online at apple-Store you definetely getting the latest software which 4.3.1/4.3.2 sooner

:)

15. KHC831 macrumors member

Exactly. I think all the people who answer questions on forums with just yes/no are jerks. Just yes or not does not add to the discussion. Might as well be better off not answer at all.

16. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Go ahead and do it, believe me... Nobody really "needs" an iPad.. it is like "the right time to have a baby", such a thing doesn't exits you just have to do it ;)

(and the iPad won't wake you in the middle of the night)

17. HarryPot, Apr 12, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2011

HarryPot thread starter macrumors 6502a

I like the analogy... I'm supposing buying an iPad brings the same satisfaction as having (making) a baby?:p

18. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

19. HarryPot thread starter macrumors 6502a

Why?

EDIT
    OK. I might see what you mean. I'm not a native english speaker... does it has to do something with the "doing".:eek:

20. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

LOL I missed the OP, but if you used "doing" instead of Making..that was fuuny :D

Back to the topic.,,well while it is NOT the "same" satisfaction... it is very rewarding ;)