When the iPhone battery expands does it cause the screen to Flicker

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DBZmusicboy01, Mar 4, 2014.

1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

Like if the battery is in bad condition does it damage the screen ? Some guy at the apple store said that the battery expands when it's bad. Never heard of that before until he said it.

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Lithium Ion batteries do expand sometimes. I don't know if they would cause the screen to flicker, but it is possible.

3. kudukudu macrumors regular

I had some lithium ion batteries (I had a spare) on the bottom of an older macbook pro expand so much they burst out of their cases and actually raised the computer up onto an odd angle.

I actually took these back to the apple stores years out of warranty and complained that this was a bit of a safety issue since old batteries should just stop working, not expand like this and potentially explode. Apple was very good about it and gave me two new batteries worth a few hundred bucks at no charge. I was very happy.

So in short, expanding batteries could most definitely put pressure on other components on the phone and cause damage / weird stuff to happen

4. cynics macrumors G3

Lithium ion battery expanding isn't uncommon but isn't the norm either. Generally the capacity just gets too bad to even be useful.

If it were to expand it could damage the screen, or anything else it puts pressure on.