When the new apps come out...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by YourNameHere, Dec 4, 2007.

1. YourNameHere macrumors newbie

When the the apps that 3rd party developers make come out where do you think they will be sold. Itunes??

2. rablat macrumors 6502a

rablat

3. bitslap47 macrumors 6502a

bitslap47

I wonder if they will allow free offerings as well... i would hope so, right?

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I expect so. They'll still go through the iTunes system so that Apple can keep track of what's going on the phones.

Just like paid music and free podcasts coexist on the iTunes store right now.

5. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

I think most will be free. It's kinda silly to charge for things like an iChat client or even just a standard AIM client.

Same with games that people make, not apple.

6. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

The new apps wont actually go onto the iphone. they get installed through a mind meld to the brain by steve jobs himself. when you look at your iphone the app will project onto the screen.

7. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

I am sure that there will be some free ones, but I wouldn't expect most to be free. Things like games and other productivity programs will be something you have to pay for. It is ridiculous to think that developers will spend many hours developing something like that and not charge for it, especially when there is already a very large 3rd party market for other phones.

8. skeen macrumors 6502

I'd at least hope the already created Installer.app apps will be ported.

9. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

installer.app is free

95% of webapps are free.

10. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

This is true. I dont see how they can sell apps when installer.app willl always (we hope) be free. I dont have a hacked iphone, im waiting for the SDK, but if they are going to make me pay for everything, i might hack mine.

11. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Absolutely Apple could/would charge for currently free apps. Heck just look at them making you buy the music twice for a ringtone thing... anything for a buck.

And really, the authors of the free apps would be insane not to go for even 50 cents per person ($1 shared with Apple). With a million and half iphones out there, they could become rich overnight.