When the new iPhone releases...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jbrucato, Mar 25, 2009.

1. jbrucato macrumors member

Although it's hard to tell because there hasn't been anything officially announced yet, do you think that there will be as much hype as when the 3G came out? The day of the release I was in line to get the iPhone 3G at a local AT&T store and there were all sorts of people ahead of me. Eventually there was local media coverage, the whole nine. Does anyone think that will be the same for this future release? I can't imagine this becoming an annual coverage event at local AT&T and Apple stores....well....maybe. The local news can be kind of slow sometimes. If I plan to wait in line again I just hope it doesn't rain again or I'll have to wait in the longer, indoor Apple Store line. :D

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Well, let's think. People are posting dozens of absolutely pointless threads per day three months out.

Yeah. There'll be the same hype. :D

Plus, 3.0.

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

+1 ^^^ *I'm already standing in line* and I need to go to the bathroom; can someone take my place in line right about now.... :confused::confused::confused::eek::eek::eek::p:p:p

4. jbrucato thread starter macrumors member

Well local news stations, get your cameras and microphones ready with more, "How long have you been in line?" questions...

5. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

%$#@%!$#^%$@!^%%$!@#%#$!@#$#%@!#$!@#%!@#%@$#%%$#@%!$#^%$@
    !^%%$!@#%#$!@#$#%@!#$!@#%!@#%@$#%%$#@%!$#^%$@!^%%$!@#%#$!@#
    $#%@!#$!@#%!@#%@$#%%$#@%!$#^%$@!^%%$!@#%#$!@#$#%@!#$!@#%!@#
    %@$#%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought I was going to be the first in line if I line up tommorow!!!:p:p

David

6. Andruw91 macrumors regular

No cut backs, you leave and you have to get at the end of the line

Seriously though, I think that the media here did something on it at the end of the day, not while everyone was waiting in line. I think it depends on the news going on that day whether or not they'll cover it. I would think if they do cover it, this would have to be the last year they do since it would become a routine thing. Then again they always talk to those people in line a 4am on Black Friday

7. Love Juice macrumors regular

the hype will depend on what new features are going to be incorporated into the suspected new release. it shouldn't be as bad as the 3G (i think), but also remember that there are more retail outlets that are selling them now, at least here in the US (best buy & walmart), so the lines won't be as bad as in the past. that is unless they make them at&t / apple store exclusives for the release ;)

8. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

Along with the question: "Do you always smell like that?" :D

9. sdm1985 macrumors 6502

what are the chances for the new iPhone being as thin as the new ipod touch, i do find the iPhone 3g a little chunky...i guess if it was thinner we would have to comprimise somthing and that would be battery life?! I have a MacBoom Air now and want everything as thin lol

10. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

Well macrumors, get your threads and get ready for more, "When do you think the iPhone will go on sale" threads.

11. =MuLti-CeLL= macrumors 6502a

=MuLti-CeLL=

I remember reading somewhere that people were actually 'selling' their place in line closer to the launch of the first gen.

If this stirs up as much hype as then, I might go that route. We only have one Apple store nearby, so I figure if I get there, oh, maybe around 2 days before WWDC I should have a pretty good spot to sell to the folks 50+ deep.

:D

12. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

That was as you pointed out for the 1st Gen iPhone.
    Unless the 3rd Gen iPhone comes with a little printer that spews out dollar bills I doubt we'll see the eBay crowd lining up again.

;)

13. =MuLti-CeLL= macrumors 6502a

=MuLti-CeLL=

Haha, yea, really though I'm hoping for very little lines. There's an AT&T on nearly every block down here. I won't be too worried over them selling out to fast or anything like that.

:)