When the new mac mini is released will the current one still be available to buy?

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by Miklo, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Miklo macrumors newbie

Just curious. I'm about to get my first Mac because I need Logic Pro X. On the day a new Mac Mini is released is the ability to order the previous one customized gone? Or are you able to still get the previous one for a few weeks?

2. matrickz macrumors member

Good Question.

But the current mini can be upgraded by yourself without any trouble and this is cheaper than any BTO-option.

Only the 2.6ghz option won't be aviable when a new mini comes out.
    But the 2.6ghz is a waste of money, very little improvement for the price!

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

once new release, you can no longer order old one customized.

previous versions go to closeout section of online store and when that's empty, that;s it.

4. scottsjack macrumors 68000

You would be able to order BTO versions from sources like B&H until they're sold out. I bought my 2012 MBP from there after the new models came out. It wasn't long until they were out of 15 inch MBPs.

5. And macrumors 6502

And

I've never seen them for sale concurrently when the new model comes out... Your best bet to get on older one would be the refurb store. Of course, that is not customisable.

6. Micky Do macrumors 68000

Micky Do

Yup…… As with most products, manufacture of the previous Mini would no doubt cease some time before the new one is released. Once old stock is sold out, that's it for that model.

Where I am, upon model change, old and new generations of Minis have been sold concurrently in retail shops, with a discount on the old model.