When the new Mac Pro model will be out?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by hajime, Nov 7, 2009.

1. hajime macrumors 68030

Hello. I am considering to buy a Mac Pro. Do you think a new model will be out within the next three months? Thanks.

2. Dr.Pants macrumors 65816

Dr.Pants

On Gulftown's release which is next year, supposedly. Three months is slightly overoptimistic, IMO, even if Apple gets all-new-totally-cool chips before anybody else.

3. nanofrog macrumors G4

Officially, Gulftown's been announced for Q2 2010. It seems Apple's made arrangements with Intel for early shipments (~3 months), so March 2010 seems reasonable.

4. gugucom macrumors 68020

gugucom

My personal bet is February. In actual fact Intel have brought the release forward to Q1 and there was an Apple rumor on this site that the Mac Pros would get an exclusive early delivery. This makes me think March will probably be latest. January would be early and February most probable.

5. nanofrog macrumors G4

It would be nice. :D

I haven't spotted an article with an advancement of the release date though. Do you happen to have a link?

6. Dr.Pants macrumors 65816

Dr.Pants

EDIT - below is a contextual error.

From the front page some time ago - Jewel in a heap of news.

Original story from Hardmac.

Personally my upgrade's in Q2, so an early release would be really beneficial for testing systems for any spectacular problems that could occur. Not to mention it could lead to a revision to fix those problems. Gotta love that being a MacPro user/enthusiast means being part of a sample group.

7. nanofrog macrumors G4

This is what I was going by, that Apple was to get early access:

But it still indicates the Official release isn't until Q2 2010 (for any other vendor). So I figured March 2010 until the next MP ships.

When I saw gugucom post Q1 2010, I read that Intel pushed the Official release date forward to Q1 2010, not that Apple had made the early acquisition for a Q1 release (leaving other vendors to wait on supplies of the new parts). If Intel has pushed it, Apple would still get it early according to the deal they've made with Intel. So they could have access to chips by the end of this year, to build systems with. That means as early as Jan (Feb far more likely IMO), as gugucom is indicating for a ship date.

Other vendors would have parts in hand in March, and systems ship in late April or May.

8. Umbongo macrumors 601

Umbongo

9. akadmon macrumors 68020

Neh, it will be in March. I will go out on a limb and say that the new MP will definitely be announced on the 2nd, the 9th, the 16th, the 23rd or (or AND) the 30th of that month.

10. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

11. southerndoc macrumors 65816

southerndoc

Whenever it is, I think I'm going to make the switch. Looking forward to dual monitors.

12. grue macrumors 65816

13. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

im in the process of parting out my pc and my 30 inch monitor and just going to use my mbp until the update .. so far away