When the new MacBook Air add to EPP (employee purchase program) store?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by jerem3762, Jun 20, 2013.

1. jerem3762 macrumors newbie

anyones know that when the new macbook air add to epp( employee purchase program) store?

2. Ricanlegend macrumors 6502a

9/10/13

3. gpeden macrumors regular

In my case, immediately - ordered right after the Apple Canada stores re-opened.

Glen

4. jedolley macrumors 68000

Same with me. I have access to Apple EPP Portal through my employer and the new MBA (with EPP discounts) were loaded shortly after the keynote.

5. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

As everyone has stated, I ordered mine 10 minutes after the keynote with my EPP discount. Why didnt you just try it?!?

6. DarwinOSX macrumors 65816

Available on day one for me but not all companies are the same and not all discounts are the same.

7. jshmathias macrumors newbie

So is there any definitive answer?

one person gave a date and others are saying immediately. Im in the Cal, if that has anything to do with it.

8. outie2k macrumors regular

It's already in the EPP online store for me. As mentioned above every company is different.

9. jshmathias macrumors newbie

Here is the screen shot of the portal. Is it unavailable to me?

Attached Files:

10. dmk1974 macrumors 68000

dmk1974

How do you find out if your company has a EPP? Is there a link somewhere?

11. DoctorK4 macrumors regular

Wow, that's a great discount - can I ask, where do you work? Most companies get more like $50-$70 off.

12. jshmathias macrumors newbie

I have a friend that works at apple. So basically I'm asking if any apple employees are able to get the new airs yet

13. sparkie7 macrumors 68000

sparkie7

So what sort of % discounts are people getting?

14. DoctorK4 macrumors regular

Oh, gotcha. I believe there's usually a couple to a few months lag time for Apple Employee discounts, based upon supply constraints. It was a little longer for the recent iMac redesign, but that model had a number of shortages and delays. I still see the MBA availability as shipping in 24 hours so maybe the wait won't be bad.

15. jshmathias macrumors newbie

Right, that's what I have been reading about the iMac, but it was never actually on the portal, where the MBA is on the portal. So it's confusing

16. Scrub175 macrumors 6502

Scrub175

17. DannyT macrumors newbie

I tried to buy a 13" through a friend who works at the apple store the other day and had the same results, where it was on the portal but unavailable. I was going to check back today. Has anyone else been able to purchase from an Apple Store retail employee?

18. jedolley macrumors 68000

Just to settle some confusion... The EPP discounts that have been available since day one that people are mentioning are not Apple employees, but get a discount through their employer usually due to some sort partnership with Apple. These discounts are usually only available via a portal provided by the employer and the discounts are on par (in my case slightly better) than the education discounts.

The "Apple Employee Discount" is different and it's not surprising that it's not available at launch as most companies want the supply to be available to consumers first.

19. Griffster macrumors newbie

I too work for a large company that has the EPP for Apple and last week I ordered 2 2013 Macbook Airs, an Airport Extreme and Apple TV. The people I talked with on the phone were friendly and helpful. Good experience. The MBAs had to be shipped from Shanghai as I went with 8g RAM but I was able to go to the local Apple store to pick up the Airport Extreme and Apple TV. In all, I saved about $200.