When the new MBP comes out, what do you think Apple will do w/ pricing?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by spaceballl, Feb 12, 2008.

?

When the new Macbook Pros come out, what happens to the price?

1. Up

4 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. Down

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  3. Same

31 vote(s)
    70.5%
  4. Same base price, price for extras goes down

6 vote(s)
    13.6%
  1. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

This is one topic that I haven't seen discussed recently.

Apple has kept the base model of their Macbook Pro / Powerbook line at $1999 since I think 2002. I mean it can go up, down, or stay the same.

Going up - The trend in computer pricing is long term to the downward, so a price spike would be a surprise. That being said, maybe this will be a big update and they'll feel the need to charge more.

Staying the same - the status quo

Going down - With computers becoming less costly, this could happen. But that being said, does Apple really want this to creep that close to the Macbook Air's price? It's already only $200 different.

Anyhow, my vote is that the pricing basically stays unchanged. Although, $1999 for the base 15" model - right now it costs a full $500 to go to the larger model, i could see this model coming down $100 in price. That's my prediction :)

2. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

most likely, that's pretty much what always happens, I wonder what the possibility of a 12", or 11" MBP at a lower price point.

PS: I realize they just came out with the MBA ;)

3. Kyttlin macrumors newbie

I think they'll keep the pricing structure the same. Why lower it and get less profits when they know people will still buy the laptops at current prices.

Heck people buy the somewhat aging MBP at the same price point as when it was released June 2007.

4. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

I'm so surprised the new MBP didn't come out today.

5. spaceballl thread starter macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Yup - god bless eBay for dumping used wares before the new ones come out! :)

6. Radio Monk33 macrumors 6502

I'm hoping for a price adjustment based on the relative strength of the Canadian dollar vs USD. Right now, 2200-2000 is pretty big considering I could drive over the border and save 200$ and less sales tax..

I'd even take 2199-->1899 EDU discount.