When to buy a MacBook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ramenstien, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Ramenstien macrumors newbie

Hello, I am new to these forums and I don't know if this is where this goes but I just figured that it would go here since it is about the MacBook Pro.

I might be getting a MacBook Pro for Christmas and I was just wondering, since I have heard all the rumors of new ones coming out, should I go ahead and get one or should I wait?

This is a question that I really need answered and if anyone can help or is willing to help it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. MacGurl111 macrumors 65816

MacGurl111

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

4. Ramenstien thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh I see. I apologize.

Oh thanks. I have heard that the updates are coming soon but are the updates really worth the wait if I am able to get it now and I want it now?

5. troop231 macrumors 603

Yes, more than likely it will be worth it, but who knows what Apple will do. If they remove the optical drive it will please most users but make some mad, they can't make everyone happy lol.

6. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

You're talking to an undisputed expert of buying Macs just before they update; it's a knack I seem to have... and I've rarely regretted it. Depends on what your needs are for using a Mac and how important it is for you to have the latest. I always buy a new Mac when I need it.

Want it now? Get it now. And sleep easy.

7. Ramenstien thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh i see. lol. Alright then. I don't think that bothers me or anything.

Oh, well that kind of makes me feel a lot better if I just buy it. Because I don't feel that i just need to new one, and I think that I will be happy with the current ones that are out.

8. AdamRock macrumors 6502a

AdamRock

9. troop231 macrumors 603

Or perhaps three or four lol, hopefully not though! :eek:

10. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I think that's closer to the mark. I don't think we'll be seeing an update until May. Apple tends to wait on the side lines after intel releases a new chip set. just look at the last MBP and Mac Pro refresh as evidence