When to buy a Macbook pro?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ARF900, Nov 21, 2009.

1. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

What do you think will be in the next macbook pro refresh? Do you think that apple will put arrandale processors in the 13 inch model? I would like to buy a 13 inch MBP before the holidays, but would it be worth the wait for the next refresh?

2. Ragnar macrumors member

When they get their heads out of their anuses and offer things that have been available for years by other manufacturers.......BluRay.

3. lilskaterpunk macrumors regular

lilskaterpunk

Lets say Apple releases an upgrade to the MBP 13.3'' in January, wouldn't the prices be a couple $100 higher then what a MBP 13.3'' cost now?
    For instance living in CAN, the MBP 13.3'' high end model was $1799.99 since released in June 2009 and then about 2 months ago they dropped to $1599.99.
    I think the new MBP 13.3'' (If Apple does upgrade or whatever...) would be back at $1799.99 or so... Hope this makes sense lol

4. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

No. The price in Canada is reflective of the Canadian $. Most likely the price will stay the same in US$ terms.

5. lilskaterpunk macrumors regular

lilskaterpunk

Hmmmmm alrighty. Now the decision to wait to see what Apple does to the MBP 13.3'' models or buy now in a week or so... lol
    I also think to myself if it best to jump on board and buy the current released models as the first batch may have some bugs and then get fixed in the 2nd batches which could be a month later. So then ur gonna be waiting longer... Unless Apple products are known for being fantastic right at new released models.

6. MacKiddyWiddy macrumors 6502

january feburary... probably before april, there will be new devices out [​IMG]

7. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

April seems a tad early.

8. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Not usually. For years the mantra has been "Avoid Rev A products". THe problem these days is that the products now share so many common (and commodity) pieces that defining what really constitutes "Rev A" is difficult. I haven't heard of any major problems with the current 13.3" MBP.