When to buy a Macbook pro?

ARF900

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 30, 2009
1,119
0
What do you think will be in the next macbook pro refresh? Do you think that apple will put arrandale processors in the 13 inch model? I would like to buy a 13 inch MBP before the holidays, but would it be worth the wait for the next refresh?
 

Ragnar

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2009
55
0
Guambodia
When they get their heads out of their anuses and offer things that have been available for years by other manufacturers.......BluRay.
 
Comment

lilskaterpunk

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2008
177
0
Lets say Apple releases an upgrade to the MBP 13.3'' in January, wouldn't the prices be a couple $100 higher then what a MBP 13.3'' cost now?
For instance living in CAN, the MBP 13.3'' high end model was $1799.99 since released in June 2009 and then about 2 months ago they dropped to $1599.99.
I think the new MBP 13.3'' (If Apple does upgrade or whatever...) would be back at $1799.99 or so... Hope this makes sense lol
 
Comment

flopticalcube

macrumors G4
Lets say Apple releases an upgrade to the MBP 13.3'' in January, wouldn't the prices be a couple $100 higher then what a MBP 13.3'' cost now?
For instance living in CAN, the MBP 13.3'' high end model was $1799.99 since released in June 2009 and then about 2 months ago they dropped to $1599.99.
I think the new MBP 13.3'' (If Apple does upgrade or whatever...) would be back at $1799.99 or so... Hope this makes sense lol
No. The price in Canada is reflective of the Canadian $. Most likely the price will stay the same in US$ terms.
 
Comment

lilskaterpunk

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2008
177
0
No. The price in Canada is reflective of the Canadian $. Most likely the price will stay the same in US$ terms.
Hmmmmm alrighty. Now the decision to wait to see what Apple does to the MBP 13.3'' models or buy now in a week or so... lol
I also think to myself if it best to jump on board and buy the current released models as the first batch may have some bugs and then get fixed in the 2nd batches which could be a month later. So then ur gonna be waiting longer... Unless Apple products are known for being fantastic right at new released models.
 
Comment

flopticalcube

macrumors G4
Hmmmmm alrighty. Now the decision to wait to see what Apple does to the MBP 13.3'' models or buy now in a week or so... lol
I also think to myself if it best to jump on board and buy the current released models as the first batch may have some bugs and then get fixed in the 2nd batches which could be a month later. So then ur gonna be waiting longer... Unless Apple products are known for being fantastic right at new released models.
Not usually. For years the mantra has been "Avoid Rev A products". THe problem these days is that the products now share so many common (and commodity) pieces that defining what really constitutes "Rev A" is difficult. I haven't heard of any major problems with the current 13.3" MBP.
 
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.