When to buy for best price?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by IconicM, Nov 27, 2013.

1. IconicM macrumors regular

Hello. Looking to buy a base 13" MBA. Is Black Friday ($101 discount) the best time to buy or are the discount historically better at Christmas?

Thanks

2. christiemp macrumors regular

christiemp

I'm wondering the exact same thing. My Macbook unibody f/2008's battery currently says "Replace Now" and turns off when off of the charger for >15 minutes. Rather than throw money away figured I'd just pick up an Air with some financing on a credit card or something. But wondering when I'll get the best deal...

3. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Historically apples best discounts are during Black Friday or other misc dates. Never huge sales when purchased directly from apple.

4. IconicM thread starter macrumors regular

Ok, thanks. So it's as good as it's gonna get from Apple and can probably get a better discount outside of Apple.

Thanks again.

5. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

I see your from Houston - I hear (never been) that Microcenter often have good sales on Macs.

6. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

7. inselstudent macrumors 6502a

I've adapted the habit of getting last year's apple products right after new products are released (that is, if I feel the need for something new). that way, I'm able to save up to 50%. besides, apple products are built so well, it's usually no issue to buy them secondhand.

just my opinion :)

8. imjoee macrumors 6502

imjoee

bestbuy is having a 200$ off the new 13" retina macbook pro's. they are 1100 on black friday, equivalent to the price of the macbook air. if i didn't buy the MBA already i would buy the retina pro.

9. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

For BB I have seen $200 off base.. $150 off airs and 15" retina's.