When to buy iPod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by avrpatsfan, Feb 17, 2009.

1. avrpatsfan macrumors member

Hey.
    I currently want an iPod touch and want to buy one but i am not sure if this is a good time to buy. I have heard rumors about Apple bumping up the memory soon. How soon? I would prefer a 16 gb model because I have a lot of apps. I also wonder what kind of changes will apple make in September when they refresh the iPod touch.
    Thanks!

2. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

bottom line is - nobody knows nothing. nadda. not a sausage.

the best time to buy an ipod touch is now. other wise you'll always be hanging around for the latest technology/model. if you want a 16 gig model then go buy one. they certainly exist.

3. coronel mustard macrumors member

coronel mustard

4. MagicWok macrumors 6502a

Best guess will be around June-ish. That is when it's generally accepted the iPhone will be refreshed approximately around then.

Memory manufacturers are producing 32GB modules of the memory that's in the iPod Touch and iPhone. So it's hoped that the iPod Touch will come with a limit of 64GB (is has space for two modules) and the iPhone bumped up to 32GB (current iPhone's use only one module due to needing space to accommodate the celular/gps/bluetooth etc).

Having said that, Apple could very well update the capacity before, or even after said date, if they deem it beneficial to them.

It's the usual motto, buy if you need it - wait if you don't... However, you say you want a 16GB model, meaning you might as well buy now as the current limit is 32GB.