When to buy MBP for College

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Dsr1205, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Dsr1205 macrumors 6502

I start school in the middle of august and have set aside 3000 for a new 15in mbp. I will most definetly feel like crap if i buy a new mbp at the beginning of august and a new one is released in September or October. I have a Macbook at my disposal. 2gig 2gb ram, like from 2 years ago, good working condition thou. Has a nice WD hdd in it after apple one failed. My college requires students to have a laptop. Spec requirement's below.

" * Form Factor: Laptop.
    * Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.6 GHz or better (or equivalent dual processor).
    * Memory: 2 GB (using one slot only in a 1/2GB configuration—this allows for easy expansion over the life of the computer).
    * Hard Drive: 120GB or larger.
    * Video Memory: 128 MB or greater through integrated graphics adapter or separate video card.
    * Communications: 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.0 EDR.
    * Display: Supports 1024x768 resolution or better.
    * Accessories: CD/DVD Writer, Sound capability, Wired Ethernet port, 25' Ethernet cable, Notebook security lock."

Should i Use the macbook untill septemebr october november? i want it to last a long time.

does the old macbook make the cut only use for a couple of months? what do you think?

2. ert3 macrumors 6502a

ert3

So just about every MBP takes those requirements and stamps on them rudely now.

But hey if you want the maximum vram and processor speed then go ahead and wait until about 1 month before you leave.

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil