When To Buy My MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hyrox, May 24, 2012.

  1. Hyrox macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 24, 2012
    #1
    Hey guys,

    So, I've been sort of sitting around since the beginning of the year, trying to decide when to purchase a Mac notebook. From what I heard, the new models (with an entirely new design?) would be out by March. Since that hasn't happened, I've just been waiting around.

    Unfortunately, one of my major goals for this summer is to mess around with developing iPhone/iPad applications, which isn't very possible without a Mac. My question is, since it's a pretty major goal of mine for the summer, do you think I should go ahead and purchase a Mac notebook now? If so, would you recommend the 15'' MacBook Pro or a MacBook Air?

    On the other hand, would it be worth it to wait? Essentially, is the next line of MacBooks likely to be released very soon? If so, I'd probably be better off working on Android application development this summer and holding off.

    Thanks a lot for any help or suggestions you may have.
     
  2. maflynn Moderator

    maflynn

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    Location:
    Boston
    #2
    If you need one, then buy now. Rumors have apple releasing the new MBPs at WWDC, but they're just rumors. My advise is to purchase the MBP when you need it, that is if you can wait then wait.
     
  3. pragmatous macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    May 23, 2012
    #3
    I don't know I heard it's a complete redesign and people are saying to hold off on buying during my research into the Mac world.

     
  4. trikky macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2011
    #4
    So glad that you created a whole new thread to discuss a topic that has already been discussed many, many times. :eek:

    Welcome to the forums, but if I may be so bold as to suggest that you browse the topics or use the search tool before posting new articles. Naturally, there are conversations that have not been had before, but there are also many which have been discussed, even as recently as that same day.

    When it comes to whether you should get an MBA or MBP, ultimately it depends on how much grunt you need. For me? I'd never get an Air, but for others the MBP has too much power so the extra cost is not justified. You have to determine what you need for what you'll be doing, so getting insight from others is great.

    As for whether you should wait until the new ones are out or not, there are other posts for that one. :)
    Cheers!
     
  5. theLimit macrumors 6502a

    theLimit

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2007
    Location:
    up tha holler, acrost tha crick
    #5
    If you're already fluent in Objective C programming and have apps that just need to be made, you're losing money by not buying now. If you're not already a professional software engineer, wait for WWDC. New iOS, new OSX, and probably new Macs. As for which machine to get, the lowest MBA would be plenty for coding and compiling for iOS, although screen real estate may be a bit cramped for your taste.
     

Share This Page