When to buy ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by O.G.Q, Dec 27, 2010.

1. O.G.Q macrumors newbie

I have decided that i am going to purchase my first mac when the new MBP come out next year, my question is basically do you guys think its worth waiting a couple of months after the new model is released to give Apple time to sort out any bugs or common faults or do you think it would be ok to just go ahead and buy it straight away?

thanks
    Q

2. iShorty macrumors regular

iShorty

Doing exactly the same thing and will also be my first mac.

I don't really think it's worth waiting a couple of months after they bring it out, they always sort problems as soon as people report them. :)

3. Neolithium, Dec 27, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2010

Neolithium macrumors 6502a

Neolithium

4. mickey23 macrumors newbie

read the question again then look at your answer he wasnt talking about buying this gen or next gen....

5. size100, Dec 27, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2010

size100 macrumors regular

I wouldn't be to worried about bugs. Apple isn't careless.

6. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

7. Neolithium macrumors 6502a

Neolithium

Whoops. Oh well. **** happens.

8. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

What size do you want and what do you plan to use it for?

9. Shanesan macrumors 6502

Shanesan

Buy straight away. Also, keep an eye on the Buyer's Guide for tips on when to buy.

10. O.G.Q thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the replies guys

i was looking to get the 13" MBP as it fills all my needs being a student as well as my wallet, i just hope that they do a decent refresh of it as the last 2 laptops that i have had the C2D and if i am going to spend £1000 on a laptop i hope its a bit more future proof then the current one which will see pretty dated if most of the specs remain the same by the end of 2011

11. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

I'm with you on waiting a few months or more. No product is ever at its max reliability upon its initial release. Also, the 13 inch will probably have more changes than the 15 and 17 and if more is physically changed, then there are going to be more change in function and outcome. More than likely, the first new MBPs will do anything but suck, but no one can say that for sure because no one has used them yet.

If you want one soon but are apprehensive, wait on a few professional reviews to see how they like it. If there are any major issues or advantages, they will discuss them.

12. O.G.Q thread starter macrumors newbie

sounds like a good plan.. i have heard a few horror stories which i may believe more than others on here as it will be my first apple product, the last thing i would want is to buy the laptop only to spend all my spare time in a apple shop as they try an sort out the initial teething problems but im sure apple would have most of these sorted before the product is released but i have heard that sometime apple regard some problems as a "non issue" an may not repair it as quick as i would like

13. akrocker29 macrumors member

akrocker29

When are the new MBP supposed to come out? (I too will be buying one this year and it will be my first Mac ;))

14. O.G.Q thread starter macrumors newbie

i think your guess will b as good as anyones on here ... i think theres a consensus its going to be around Q1 2011 just sit tight an wait is the only thing we can do

15. articcine macrumors regular

You honestly think we know that? Or that this hasn't been answered before? 50% of the threads in the MBP-board is, when how what, buy now or wait about the next gen MBPs.