When to buy?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by 76ShovelHead, Jan 15, 2011.

  1. 76ShovelHead macrumors 6502a

    76ShovelHead

    Joined:
    May 30, 2010
    Location:
    Florida
    #1
    I'm looking to purchase a Macbook, as i already have an eMac and a Desktop PC. However, the Macbook still has the Core 2 Duo and i don't want to spend money on outdated hardware. When is it believed to get the core i3? what are the current rumors going around for the next update? My theory is that there waiting until Intel can incorporate nVidia GPU's into Intel's processors as i read that the 13 inch model Macbook's and Macbook Pro's are too small to put both GPU and a the newer Core i3 CPU in. I also read somewhere that the reason for them doing this is because the current integrated Intel GPU's in the processors are worse than a two year old nVidia Graphics Card. So again, what are the rumors for the next gpu and cpu? When is the next update?
     
  2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

    GoCubsGo

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2005
    #3
    Usually I'd say, when you need it. Right now a refresh does seem evident so if you can hold off then do.
     

Share This Page