Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nygiantspm5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2011
With all of the speculation about the release of the iphone 5/4gs when is the best time to purchase an iphone?

I have att and this will be my first iphone, so I'm not sure about their return policy of what I can do if I buy one now and a new one comes out in nov.

Thanks for the advice!

bigbro1096

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
With all of the speculation about the release of the iphone 5/4gs when is the best time to purchase an iphone?

I have att and this will be my first iphone, so I'm not sure about their return policy of what I can do if I buy one now and a new one comes out in nov.

Thanks for the advice!

The iPhone 5, or 4S, is almost guranteed to be released around September because thats when iOS 5 will be released and they release beside each other. With that said, AT&T's return period is within 30 days and if you do return your phone in that period you are available for an upgrade again. Considering everything, I would just wait. I mean you've waited this long. Best of luck!
- Bigbro1096

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
The release date for ios 5 is fall, which can span anywhere from mid-September to late November.
The iPhone 5, or 4S, is almost guranteed to be released around September because thats when iOS 5 will be released and they release beside each other. With that said, AT&T's return period is within 30 days and if you do return your phone in that period you are available for an upgrade again. Considering everything, I would just wait. I mean you've waited this long. Best of luck!
- Bigbro1096

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.