Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RossoA

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
Horsham, UK
I'm with Vodafone, and as much as they hate to admit it, they're losing me come the 9th.

The only thing I don't know is what day to cancel my contract. I want to keep my current number, so I'll need room for a PAC code (about 5 days).

Is anyone else in this situation? If so, when are you canceling your contracts?

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom.
Apply for your PAC code as soon as possible. Once it is issued you will have 30 days to use it before it expires, but you can always let it lapse and re-apply if necessary.

So far as canceling your contract is concerned, most networks require about 30 days notice in writing, so the time is now!

Hustle

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2007
USA
My 18 month contract with One to noOne (aka T-Mobile) is set to end December 27th, however, I phoned t-mobile and told them i want to leave as soon as possible, and was it possible to leave a month early, and they said no. I was told to ring them back on November 27th and tell them to cancel the contract and they'd do so for December 27th.

While this is a pain, i'm starting fresh and getting a new number with 02, so i'll put my T-Mobile number on divert for the last month so all my calls and txts are diverted to my new 02 number.

13 days 23 hours 22 minutes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.