iPhone When to jailbreak question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Elvergun, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Elvergun macrumors 6502

Elvergun

I have a question for you jailbreak experts.

Two years ago I jailbroke my iPhone 5...I used that phone without problem until I purchased an iPhone 6 a week ago. What I need to know is, by when do I need to jailbreak my current phone? I'm guessing I can wait for as long as I want as long as I don't upgrade to a newer version of iOS (I'm on 8.1 now). Is this correct?

2. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

As long as you can stay where you are and can ignore all the prompts to update then yeah.

3. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

You may want to do it now so you can play with some tweaks. If you wait until after 8.1 is no longer being signed and something goes wrong then you may be stuck.

4. lyceumHQ macrumors 6502a

lyceumHQ

I'd also do it now.

Simply because if there's any issues and you need to restore you will lose the jailbreak (unless there is one available for the firmware you have to restore too).

Whereas now if you run into any issues. You can restore and still be able to jailbreak.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

6. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

The jailbreak does suggest using a clean restore so now might be better than waiting

7. Elvergun thread starter macrumors 6502

Elvergun

Thanks for the advise guys and/or girls.

I wanted to wait a little to see if I could live without a jailbreak. This would just be an experiment (to see how bad it can get) since I know that life would really suck without Springtomize, Activator and TeatherMe (and some others, but these 3 are the big ones).

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Life is harder and with less options and customization when you're without a jb:D

9. navodwickra macrumors 6502

navodwickra

Yes you can be on iOS 8.1 as long as you want. OTA updates won't work after you JB your device. So it won't bug you every 5 mins asking you to update to the newer version ;)