When to Order?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BigManOnCampus, May 29, 2010.

1. BigManOnCampus macrumors newbie

I will be graduating soon and as a graduation gift my parents are going to be splitting the cost for a new MacBook Pro 15" with me. Being the impatient person I am, I want this thing on my doorstep the day that I graduate. (Parents say I have to wait until this day to get it) So I'm just wondering how long the standard free shipping takes from the official Apple website. I graduate on June 9th by the way.

Thanks!

2. Dany M macrumors 6502

3. Ctt713 macrumors member

That's hard to say since shipping times vary greatly. I ordered mine the 25th and it's not due here until June 3rd. Some people get it In as little as 3-4 days and some as long as a month. I would go ahead and order it especially if your customizing it at all.

4. BigManOnCampus thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I am going to get the high res glossy screen so would that make it take a bit longer?

5. GidbinN macrumors member

GidbinN

The only way to get your order on the day exactly you graduate, is to order the MBP in the Apple Retail Store (not online) as soon as possible, and pick it up on the day you graduate.

otherwise you have to wait 1 or 2 more days for the shipping.

good luck

P.S: I've ordered a MacBook last sunday, and it's still under review in my account's order status.