When To Purchase New iMac .... Buying Guide Funny !!!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by harcosparky, Feb 13, 2012.

1. harcosparky macrumors 68020

So I sold my 2011 MBP and want to replace it with a desktop.

I decided for the first time to use the Buyers Guides here and this is what I found.

Now I know this is just a guide and nobody really knows what or when it will be released so I decided to check ALL of the Buyers Guides here and this is the funny one .........

Maybe I should wait for the new Macbook to come out? :lol:

Probably buying my new iMac in the next 2-3 days.

2. I8P'CS, Feb 13, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2012

I8P'CS macrumors 6502

Your point mate??? 2010 on macbook(discountinued)? you waiting for refresh or not??? if you meant mac pro, then its understandable. Buy when you want if your not going to be disappointed with a new version in a few weeks/months.

I can buy when i want so not bothered, i buy when i need, not to have latest/greatest just to browse web pages and brag about new mac.

3. karmamule macrumors 6502

karmamule

lol, I just ordered an iMac late last week. (BTO 27" w/3.4ghz i7, 1TB + 256SSD, 8g memory). A minor benefit of ordering right now is all the parts are easily available and things move quickly.

Even though I did a built-to-order with 2-4 business days to assemble and paid for 2-day shipping, it was built the same day and is arriving in one business day, so a full two days earlier than the *earliest* arrival they'd estimated.

I have next week off and wanted to have it by then so that was what got me finally moving on it.

Fun times tonight!!!

:-D

4. amyers macrumors newbie

The MacBook has been discontinued. That is why it has not been updated in two years.

5. yashi macrumors member

Maybe they'll forget to remove it from the list and someday the number will be so high that it breaks the page. :D

6. karmamule macrumors 6502

karmamule

Harcosparky, I almost forgot to mention: I was all set to place my order online, when for the heck of it I decided to call and ask since I'm buying a pricey mac if there's any incentive they could do for me, and the woman I talked to took a little over 5% off the price, which led me to get 3 years of AppleCare, so essentially I got the 3 years of AppleCare for free!

So, if you are thinking of ordering a new one thru Apple online, give them a call first and see what they'll do for you.

7. harcosparky thread starter macrumors 68020

First: I knew the Macbook was discontinued.

Second: I found it funny that the Buyers Guide stated -> Don't Buy - Updates soon

Updates soon .... on a discontinued item???

Maybe you can't see the humor in that, but I can.

----------

I'm picking up the 27" with the 3.4 Ghz i7 from the Apple Store.

I will include Apple Care and purchasing under Educational Pricing.

Considering that this iMac will more or less be a replacement for my 4 year old iMac, even if the new one comes out next month I will still be better off.

My 4 year old one still works fine, but I like having warranty coverage so a new one is in order.