When to sell a macbook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by glennyboiwpg, Aug 22, 2007.

1. glennyboiwpg macrumors 6502

I'm thinking of selling my macbook (1.83 core duo) and adding the differnce to get a new iMac.

Question: DO I sell the macbook now to maybe cash in on some back to school student's purchase even though I still wouldn't get the imac for a month or two, or do I just wait and sell it when i'm ready to buy?

I"m a java programmer doing a personal programmming project, I have a peecee that i use as my linux webserver and I use the mac as my dev workstation. (I LOVE programming on a mac)

Do I just suck it up for a month or two and continue to program on the peecee for a bit so I can make some extra cash?

2. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

The MB is only going to loose value over time. And *IF* :apple: does release an update or bump up the default RAM/HD, then yours would be worth even less.

However, if you love programming the mac, is it work the extra $50-75 to you to program in bliss for the next couple of months?

3. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

just wait the two months and then sell on eBay.

You'll still get probably 75% of what you originally paid for it.

The average eBayer wanting a used Mac doesn't know core duo from core 2 duo. They look at RAM and HD space.