Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kyleb822

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
I will be buying the new iPhone 4G when it is released in June. I currently have an iPhone 3G 16GB, and am going to sell it jailbroken and unlocked to make money to buy the new one. When is everyone going to sell their old ones? Before WWDC? right after? should I try to sell it early to help retain some of its value? just wanted some input from others who were thinking of selling theirs too. Thanks

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
I sold my 3G a week ago. There seems to be a good demand for them. I myself would rather get rid of it before most people know about a new iPhone coming and the value drops a bit. Of course, it helps if you have spare phone to use in the meantime.

Boblister

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2008
North West UK
I will be buying the new iPhone 4G when it is released in June. I currently have an iPhone 3G 16GB, and am going to sell it jailbroken and unlocked to make money to buy the new one. When is everyone going to sell their old ones? Before WWDC? right after? should I try to sell it early to help retain some of its value? just wanted some input from others who were thinking of selling theirs too. Thanks

If your willing to go without one for a while. I would sell early. But you know about release dates LOL

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
I currently have my 3G listed on eBay, but that's only because I just purchased a brand new 3GS off eBay last week. I would tend to agree with the previous responses that now would be the time to maximize the money you make off the 3G since there is no new iPhone out yet (or annouced for that matter).

zacharace

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2009
Bexley, OH, USA
I'd sell now, if at all. The 3G's value is probably peaking as we get closer to the (probable) iPhone 4G release/announcement date. As a matter of fact, I'm contemplating selling my own 8GB 3G; as others have said, there's a pretty healthy demand right now.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I'm not selling mine.... I'm going to give it to my wife and pick up the 4G for myself (if there's a compelling reason to get it).

If I were to sell, I would do it in the next month or so to maximize my return.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.