Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Drich290195

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 2, 2011
It's that question when should I sell my iPhone 4s to get the 5. Iv only had it 4 months but want the 5 should I sell now or buy the 5 then sell why's everyone doing

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
After you buy the 5, sell your 4S. There's always people looking for a 4S instead of the new model because they don't want it or can't afford it. You'll be making back money for what you paid for the 5 and it'll be like you didn't spend a lot on the 5, if that makes any sense.

yaymath

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2011
Sell now if you want to get the most money. Most people on Craigslist have no idea the new iPhone is coming out. Once it comes out, however, the selling value of your iPhone 4S will dramatically decrease.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
After you buy the 5, sell your 4S. There's always people looking for a 4S instead of the new model because they don't want it or can't afford it. You'll be making back money for what you paid for the 5 and it'll be like you didn't spend a lot on the 5, if that makes any sense.

^^

This...I buy my phones direct from Apple, contract free...sold my 4 just after buying the 4S and got nearly all my money back...2-3 months is the"Golden" period if you like.

xFierce

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2011
Sell it now. The date has been confirmed. As the days near the announcement more people will become aware, and the market value will drop. Even for the iPhone 4S you may lose up to $50 if selling after the day of announcement.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Sell it now. The date has been confirmed. As the days near the announcement more people will become aware, and the market value will drop. Even for the iPhone 4S you may lose up to $50 if selling after the day of announcement.

Please link me to the page on Apple's site where they confirmed the event or to the invite they sent out.

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
I read these threads about sell now or wait and wonder what the posters will do if they go ahead and sell their iPhones, then the new iPhone comes out and they hate it? Or it gets backordered for weeks?

I'd rather find out what changes have been made and whether or not I'm really interested in the changes. I'd never buy a new iPhone unless there was something worth the money.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
I read these threads about sell now or wait and wonder what the posters will do if they go ahead and sell their iPhones, then the new iPhone comes out and they hate it? Or it gets backordered for weeks?

I'd rather find out what changes have been made and whether or not I'm really interested in the changes. I'd never buy a new iPhone unless there was something worth the money.

Which is why I don't sell my old one till I have the new one in my hands.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.