When to update to Snow Leopard?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ALRM2004, Aug 28, 2009.

1. ALRM2004 macrumors newbie

I am thinking that I might wait a few months to upgrade to Snow Leopard in order to avoid glitches that always come with new OS's. I am happy with Leopard, and just think that waiting may avoid some headaches. Does anyone else think this is a good idea or is there a good reason why I should upgrade as soon as I can?

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. soulman901 macrumors newbie

Well it depends on how much data you have, what programs you are runnning etc... Take a look at the big picture and say, do I need this upgrade right now? For me it made sense as I have only had my machine for less than 6 months and didn't have anything important on it. I figured might as well.

4. Kat King123 macrumors regular

Kat King123

it works prefect better than leopard even the main problems are from third party software that isnt support and to be honest i only had one program not work yet and i rarely use it so im happy :)

5. old-wiz macrumors G3

I'm holding off as Firefox seems to have issues. I ordered the up-to-date since I have a new 13" MBP, but I'll probably wait for 10.6.1.

6. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Update whenever you want. I usually wait until 10.X.1 so they work out the major bugs.