When using the rMBP's HDMI-out for movie watching...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Magnanimoose, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Magnanimoose macrumors newbie

Is there some way to configure the machine so that it automatically detects the HDTV and adjusts its settings accordingly? I've been manually switching the audio from "Internal Speakers" to "Sony TV" and back so many times, and I basically never bother adjusting the screen to the "Best for external Display" option because it's not quite as necessary to the experience.

But if there were some way to set it up so that any time I went to the TV input corresponding to the rMBP's HDMI-out port, the Mac would KNOW and fix itself, and then go back when I was done.

Anyone have tips?

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

I'm moving at the moment away from my Mac. But pm me and next week I'll send you an Automator action to switch the speakers. One click and it'll do it for you.

3. Magnanimoose thread starter macrumors newbie

4. DT39 macrumors newbie

I only had to do this once first time connecting to my Samsung 46" and now my rMBP just remembers last resolution used and pipes sound down hdmi as well when reconnected.

5. Vader815 macrumors newbie

Does the Retina Display play films at essentially full resolution/does it look fabulous? I know the image will still not satisfy the aspect ratio of HDTV's, but still.

I'm planning to buy the 13'' whenever that debuts, and amongst the primary features I plan to use it for is to play full blu-rays onto my display at home.

Thanks,

-Vader