When was the 4 finger swipe added?

iMaven

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 21, 2011
Ok, I just found this out by accident. I was in safari then I swiped left and another running app was there. I can scroll through all my running apps by swiping left or right using 4 fingers. Anyone else use this function?

qCzar

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2011
SFBA, CA
Ok, I just found this out by accident. I was in safari then I swiped left and another running app was there. I can scroll through all my running apps by swiping left or right using 4 fingers. Anyone else use this function?

I want to say it was an iOS 5 introductory feature but it was whenever Apple introduced gestures into iOS, rather than it's apps. Five finger pinching returns to the home screen and four fingers up reveals the backgrounded apps.

I use it all the time. I use my iPad in any orientation I pick it up (with the occasional rotation), in lit and dark environments, and I don't like feeling around the edges until I find the home button. Gestures just work so much faster and make me look less clumsy when I look around for a home button. Which, despite it being on one of two sides I still miss it when looking around the bezel from time to time - it may be the lighting in some situations.

Comment

Comeagain?

macrumors 68020
Feb 17, 2011
Spokane, WA
That came officially in iOS 5, but was available to devices in Developer Mode running a few of the last 4.x versions.

I love it. (it's 4 or 5 for either, btw) Never having to hunt for the home button, easy navigation that is quicker then the home button as well.

Comment

Drag'nGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2008
All we need is a page back and forward gesture in Safari to really smooth out the browsing.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.