When was the 4 finger swipe added?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iMaven, May 31, 2012.

1. iMaven macrumors 6502

iMaven

Ok, I just found this out by accident. I was in safari then I swiped left and another running app was there. I can scroll through all my running apps by swiping left or right using 4 fingers. Anyone else use this function?

2. qCzar macrumors regular

I want to say it was an iOS 5 introductory feature but it was whenever Apple introduced gestures into iOS, rather than it's apps. Five finger pinching returns to the home screen and four fingers up reveals the backgrounded apps.

I use it all the time. I use my iPad in any orientation I pick it up (with the occasional rotation), in lit and dark environments, and I don't like feeling around the edges until I find the home button. Gestures just work so much faster and make me look less clumsy when I look around for a home button. Which, despite it being on one of two sides I still miss it when looking around the bezel from time to time - it may be the lighting in some situations.

3. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

That came officially in iOS 5, but was available to devices in Developer Mode running a few of the last 4.x versions.

I love it. (it's 4 or 5 for either, btw) Never having to hunt for the home button, easy navigation that is quicker then the home button as well.

4. madat42 macrumors regular

5. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

6. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

All we need is a page back and forward gesture in Safari to really smooth out the browsing.

7. Fruit Cake macrumors 6502a

Technically 4.3 it was "available". I've been using it since then.

8. iMaven thread starter macrumors 6502

iMaven

That would be a nice addition.

9. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

2 finger tap to go back works great in iCab.

10. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

I remember having it n my iPad 1 in 4.3.3, but t was removed in 5.0