when was the last time Apple came out with a new display?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by domerdel, Aug 15, 2007.

1. domerdel macrumors newbie

I still find it hard to believe that apple boasts itself proclaiming it's the industry standard for design, video, and anything visual persay (not so much on a gaming level)... why does it seem that most video cards come out from ATI or NVIDIA they have to be watered down for the mac? and then left for further delays?

What I'm getting at is, the displays seem outdated as far as connectivity, HDCP compliance, etc etc... They seem overpriced for the lack of features.
    It seems that if i bought an apple 30", i'm virtually throwing my money away...

Is Apple waiting for the following before it permits HDCP?

A) Leopard Launch
    B) BD/HD-DVD war to conclude?

what is it?

2. kolax macrumors G3

New ACD's are on their way soon. They are long overdue.

Overpriced? Yup. Dell use the same screen and charge a fraction of the price. But the over all build and design is great and worth the money.

The aluminum finish, touch sensitive brightness and power controls, the slick way you can adjust the angle of the screen.

Not enough to justify the price, but enough to make me want one over any other brand.

Hopefully they'll lower the prices too for the next gen ACD's.

3. RUFiO795 macrumors member

Do you know WHEN they're due? Or are you just assuming? Has it been even vaguely mentioned by anyone at Apple?

4. kolax macrumors G3

I'm assuming - but there has been speculation about new ACD's coming soon.

5. Mgkwho macrumors 6502a

I would say in early November with a MacPro announcement. If it's major, though, Apple will wait until MacWorld. With September reserved for iPods, and October for Leopard, I doubt a huge announcement will take place in November.

If ACDs are released in November, they will be modest.

So here's hoping for MacWorld.

-=|Mgkwho