When was the last time you went to a 24-hour restaurant

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by coolwater, Jun 25, 2009.

1. coolwater macrumors 6502a

coolwater

It's 1:00 am here in east coast and I am really tempted to go out to eat. But, I don't want to go all alone, so I think I will stay home.

When was the last time you went out to eat past midnight? With whom? Which restaurant? What did you have? :D

Belgium waffle and ice cream sounds pretty good at the moment. :cool:

2. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

there is a very good congee noodle house right by my house that is open till 3 am.
    I am in there few times a month.
    but I work evenings and nights.
    also the 24 hour coffee shops are nice
    two of those right beside my house.

3. No1451 macrumors 6502

Few months ago to get some spagetti and pancakes at 3am. Cravings are just bizarre.

4. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

I know the feeling. Every once in awhile I'll be in the mood for something late, but have no one to go with. Obviously, a fast food place is fine (fourthmeal at Taco Bell really hits the spot sometimes!), but often I'm in the mood for something a little better like IHOP or Denny's.

Havent been out to eat alone though in a long time (i.e. Never). Maybe I could try it sometime... although I'm sure there's some strange people out at the late hours of the night.

5. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Probably Wendy's about a year ago. Got a double-cheeseburger with a Frosty at about 1 in the morning. :p

6. ceezy3000 macrumors 6502

ceezy3000

Dennys hits the spot. Its Surprisingly never empty at 3 or 2 am

7. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

waffle house, but it's been a few months since i've been after midnight

8. designgeek macrumors 65816

designgeek

I love chillin at Denny's at 2am. I almost invariably get the french toast grand slam. It usually boils down the interesting people in eastern Idaho, in the college town I live in now though, it's usually packed from midnight to three.:(

9. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

I keep very weird hours, and I don't mind eating out alone (in fact, I quite like it), so I go out to eat at random times. The last time I went in to a place late night (or early morning) was probably a few weeks ago.

I also like to grocery shop or cruise Walgreens really late at night. And if there were a 24 hour Target where I live, I'd be all over it! :cool:

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Nevarr. All the places around here close up at 10pm, even the petrol station only sells petrol after midnight. The cafe at our 24hour Tescos shuts early too.

Bah!

11. Reaver macrumors 6502

this morning I stopped at McDonalds for a breakfast burrito and a coffee at 4am on my way to work does that count?

other than that its been 5 months and that was waffle house

12. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

Denny's is extremely sketchy at 4am, great food though. Last month my friend and I stopped to have breakfast before our 6am flight. We both got the All-American Slam

13. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

Waffle House is the nuts. Whoever came up with the idea of chili and jalapenos on hash browns should be given a medal.

14. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

That sounds so good right now, and its 9:00am here. :)

Last place I ate at late night was probably Taco Bell or something like that. Wendy's also hits the spot, but I've been trying to cut back on spending, so much more grocerry shopping, much less restaurants.

Last 24 hour place like Waffle House would be with a good friend at like 5am before a meeting at work. :)

15. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

Yep, same here. They roll up the sidewalks around 8pm where I live. Nothing is open past 11.

I guess the last time I ate out in the middle of the night was when I was at Times Square last year. The middle of the night is like the middle of the day around there, except prettier. We ate at Bubba Gumps, amazing! I think they close up at 2am though.)

16. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

Last month my DJ partner and some of our crew hit a Denny's at around 3:00 AM after a show. Surprisingly, they have new "healthy" menu items. I got the grilled chicken sandwich and it was really good.

I have to admit though that Waffle House and Krystal are my favorite late night eateries. It's hard to beat a WH patty melt with hash browns and cheese eggs. Although, it's equally hard to beat a sackful of cheese Krystals with chili cheese fries and some corn pups.

Some of you probably don't know what Krystal is. You may be more familiar with White Castle. If you don't know either then it's a mini burger place.

The odd thing about late night cravings is they are never healthy. You always seem to want the most greasy or high fat/calorie thing you can get your hands on. :D

17. Dynamyk macrumors 6502a

Dynamyk

Weekly almost, there is this burrito spot in Toronto (BurritoBoys, friggin legendary after club/bar spot) that I go to. Halibut burrito extra hotsauce!

18. ikermalli macrumors 6502a

19. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I went to a Tim Hortons at 2 AM in the morning. I had 2 doughnuts and a hot chocolate. :)

20. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

Take your pick...

White Castle will usually soak up any excess alcohol in you blood stream. Just don't eat it sober :p

We have diners, delis and just about anything else you can think of...

21. AdamLikesMusic macrumors 6502

A couple weeks ago I went to a Dennys after a show. But I was about 45 minutes from home, it was 12:30am, and I hadn't eaten dinner.

22. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Few weeks ago, Waffle House ... it was my second time there and far better than the first.

23. AlecG. macrumors member

Been to Denny's a few times this summer after 1 AM with a bunch of friends. It's awesome...the late night staff is starting to recognize us every time we go in.

24. SactoGuy18 macrumors 68020

SactoGuy18

Only one thing though: I've never eaten in a restaurant past 1 am. But I have eaten won ton noodle at a small restaurant in San Francisco's Chinatown at midnight, though. :)

25. eRondeau macrumors 6502a

eRondeau

I work all sorts of bizarre rotating shifts supervising a 911 call centre. We get lots of midnight take-outs or delivery, but actual visits are rare. However on my days off, I love shopping at 24-hour grocery stores. You meet the most interesting people at 3am...... :cool: