When was the last time your were amazed by any new iPhone feature ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Knockoutjosie, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Knockoutjosie macrumors 6502

Knockoutjosie

Watching the old keynotes I have to say the iPhone 4 was the phone that amazed me the most. It's design, the front and back glass, how great it felt in my hand. Being able to FaceTime. That's why the 4/ 4s is one of the greatest phones. 4s at the time may have been the greatest phones ever.

2. vgamedude macrumors 6502a

Eh I dunno, I thought Siri was pretty damn cool, I remember hearing about that and getting really super excited then I got my iphone and don't hardly ever use it hah.

TouchID is very cool I suppose too, but not because it's extremely innovative on its own but just because apple actually got it to work well.

I liked when they got mms and copy/ paste probably the most though ;p

3. cnotes2019 Suspended

4. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

Slow motion 720p video on the 5S was the last thing to impress me. So much that I upgraded from a perfectly good 5 to the 5S just so I could make slow motion skateboarding videos. And I made a bunch.

I would say 240fps on the 6 was the last thing but I haven't tried it yet.

5. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Amazed might be a bit much, but I was very impressed by:
    - TouchID
    - Retina display

One feature that has the potential to impress me is ApplePay... but the jury is still out on that one for the moment.

6. aluren macrumors 65816

5.5 inch screen. Been wanting a bigger iPhone for a long time.

7. jafingi macrumors 65816

jafingi

8. Vladislav macrumors regular

i was amazed by touch ID. 3 years ago with myb 4S was amazed by retina display :)

9. CEmajr macrumors 601

The Retina Display and the overall design of the iPhone 4. That one totally changed the game.

10. abta1 macrumors 6502

Maybe I'm just cynical but nothing about a phone "amazes" me.

However, I was impressed and still am impressed to this day when I look at high DPI screens, which in the case of the iPhone came with the 4 and has been improved upon by many other devices since, since I still remember my first phone (Nokia 5110).

The majority of functions don't hit consumer devices until they are a fair bit out of their infancy so it's not like we are getting phones will bleeding edge prototype functionality that would truly amaze.

11. TraceyS/FL, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2014

TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Well, I just moved from a 4 to a 6... So much to amaze!

Touch ID - love it, it never misses!

Slo-motion video - my gymnast will have this thing full in no time!

Siri - love her for typing for me, but to due some crap tower issue going on in town means I can't use her when I need her.

But touch ID.... Oh how I wish my Air had it!!

As a cashier for the moment, I really hope Apple Pay works well and that all NFC takes off and such. It's a pipe dream my older guests would use it... But we all have our dreams right?

I'm just excited I can use it at Disney "soon"!

Eta: I went from a Treo 650 (700? For bit as an insurance replacement) to my iPhone 4, and now the 6. There is always something to amaze when you skip so many generations!!

Ohhhhhh, and probably the most amazing thing about the 6?? The phone call quality. For the first few days every time I talked to my boyfriend he kept commenting on it on his end even. I still cannot believe the difference in this phone. Wowza!

12. PegasusTenma macrumors regular

PegasusTenma

13. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

This exactly.