When were you charged for your order?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by buster84, Oct 15, 2013.

1. buster84 macrumors 6502

I havn't looked at my bank account since i ordered my imac 27. It was $2800 total and after looking at my account I was not charged for it. Not even pre-authorized either. When you did an order online were you instantly charged?

If you purchased it through the educational system, were you charged right away? I bought mine though the educational discount and I'm wondering if thats related to it somehow? Although I'm completely shocked, I hate companies that fail to take the money out right away; especially big amounts. I'm thinking go going to the apple store and telling them to charge me. I don't like waiting for something to come out. I ordered my computer 2 weeks ago (beginning of October), and received it 5 days.

2. Sam2lucky13 macrumors 6502

Sam2lucky13

3. buster84 thread starter macrumors 6502

Are you saying that they charge you once it ships? If so that's why im wondering, Its been 6 days since i received my imac...

Or are you saying that you got charged once yours shipped?

4. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

I got charged when it shipped out. They will take the money at some point so just relax. You are earning interest on it and using your new computer. Whats the problem? Just don't start spending the extra cash!

5. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

6. Jomasjc macrumors newbie

Jomasjc

I was charged when it was shipped or 'Preparing for shipment', either of those. I did notice they didn't charge me for Applecare until my iMac was delivered, so there was 2 separate transactions for me.

Not sure if that's normal but I don't mind really.

7. X-Ravin macrumors regular

I had a temp hold placed for the amount right when I ordered. After a few days the hold went away. Then the actual charge hit the day it delivered.

8. Bear macrumors G3

Im general Apple puts the charge through when they are ready to ship your system. Depending on your credit card company, it can take a few days for the charge to actually show up on your account.

Do not go to Apple and tell them to charge you. This will just result in a double charge that will be harder to clean up. Just wait.

9. buster84 thread starter macrumors 6502

Good point, about the double charge although especially since I didn't use a credit card and loosing loosing over 5k out of my bank account would suck. I dont use credit since I cant stand being in debt. I only buy what i can afford. Thats also why i wish apple took the money already.

On a side note, apple never pre-authorized my account or took the funds to this day. I guess I'll give it another week and call them if they still havn't.

10. Bear macrumors G3

I use a credit card for the various buyer protections you get for using it. Also, walking around with a lot of cash to buy stuff is not convenient.

Remember just because you use a credit card, it doesn't mean you can't pay it off each month.

11. MacUser2525 macrumors 68000

MacUser2525

You can get the same protection by using one of the pre-paid CC that are available now, that way you only spend the cash you have already put onto the card with no debt worries.

12. buster84 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ive never been worried about needing the protection. Been using my debit card for over a decade without issues. Although i don't use my debit card from websites i do not trust. I will use it all the time in the store though. I have credit cards, and I used to be in debt years ago and I tried the paying it off every month thing and it just didn't work out for me. Instead i was like, why pay it all now and before i knew it I maxed my cards out and realized i was paying a lot in interest that i cut them up and threw them away. After a few years i got new ones in the mail and I do use them now, but only for gas and pay it off every month.

Btw, my post wasn't me trying to act better than anyone, or talking down to people with debt ect... I still have lots of school debt that I dont like as well. Credit Cards just don't work for me when charging everything on it and paying it off every month. I tried doing it and it just made things worse for me. That method may work for you and many others, but for me its now cash only (or my debit card) for my "Wants" to prevent me from over buying and ect... its just my way of self control.