I was wondering when to buy a MacBook/MacBook Pro. I'm in Singapore, and on July 1st, a 2-point increase of the sales tax starts. On the other hand, the savings made from avoiding that rise in sales tax would be less than the cost of a new Mac OS X license. Should I wait for Leopard? It would be my first Mac. I also would prefer to buy before September, where there would be a mail-in rebate for the purchase of an iPod nano bought together with any Mac. I would prefer to have my laptop before the year starts (third week August). But it isn't pressing; my current laptop is just not very portable. Also, should I buy a MacBook Pro? I want a DirectX 10-compatible laptop (yes, I will run Vista on occasion on the laptop, mostly for play but also for work - a lot of pretty expensive software I use comes from the school Windows-only, like SPSS). On the other hand, MacBook Pro seems like an overkill considering I am a student. Considering that I'm not desperate for a new laptop (I want to, not need to - my current laptop can live another year or so), should I wait for a MacBook that comes with Santa Rosa? Or is the new Intel graphics thingamajig in Santa Rosa not that great? I mean, if I get a MacBook Pro, it wouldn't go all to waste, just that I don't exactly do heavy-duty stuff on a daily basis. I know I would use Keynote a lot though -- I come from a pretty presentations-heavy university. And Pages would come in handy for creating good handouts. But I don't need MacBook Pro for that. Money is an issue, too. I'm taking out an S$2000 loan (I'll pay it off with next year's summer job - its interest-free while I'm studying), and use what I have for the rest, and if need be, my parents would top up the rest. But the bit is that if I don't get a MacBook Pro now, I'll rather wait for a MacBook with Santa Rosa... which would be, oh, 8 months from now?