When & Where should I buy it?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Androidfan1x, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Androidfan1x macrumors regular

I want one, so I'll buy one (the ipod touch 5th gen).
    But

When should I buy it? Now or wait until Black Friday? (will they have discount, how much?)

Where should I buy it (in store)? Apple Store or retailer like Best Buy,...? (if i buy from best buy do they have the same warranty like apple,...?)

i live in CA if that matters

thanks

2. cnev3 macrumors 6502

Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't think Apple products are commonly featured in black friday deals. They don't budge on their prices very much. And if there was a good black friday deal on it, be prepared to camp out and sleep on the cold concrete for that $50 savings.

I would buy it at Target, because they have the longest return policy (over a month). Pretty much everywhere else it's 14 days.

3. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Right now, it's tough to find a store that has a decent stock of 5th gen Touch (especially if you want 64G and a specific color). To get what you want, you probably have to call around to see who has it in stock or you can order one from your favorite store.

4. cnev3 macrumors 6502

Oh yeah, since you are in CA, I would try macmall if you live close to one.

Also, just curious, but how come you want to buy the touch if you're "Androidfan"? :)

5. Androidfan1x thread starter macrumors regular

i want the White 32 GB, i prefer best buy, here's the link
    they say "shipping: not available", but do they have it in store? how do i check? (other retailer websites have "check store availability button", best buy doesn't)
    i'm also interested in the black and blue versions, i'd choose blue no considering if it doesn't have the blue border on the front

----------

- no, there's no macmall store close to me, i think i'll head to best buy tomorrow.

- because there's no good android alternative to the ipod touch (a "phoneless smartphone"). samsung has some crappy galaxy players and i don't like them. also because i already have an android device (a tablet), i want to "keep track" what's happening in the world of iOS, maybe will get a windows 8 device in the future lol.

6. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Try this link although I'm not too sure how accurate their website is. If you do pay for it at the store, you will pay the $299 price (as opposed to ordering it online for the $294 price).

7. Androidfan1x thread starter macrumors regular

thanks.

i checked your link and it said the white one 32 gb not available in my local store.
    so i spent 30 minutes taking bus went from home to an apple store, hoping they will have the white 32 gb in stock. when i walked into the store (this is the first time i went to an apple store), i saw ipads, iphones (5), macbooks pro/air,... but no ipod touch 5, there were ipod touches 4 however. played with some macbooks for about 40 minutes, asked an apple employee and he said no ipod touch 5 was in stock.
    so i took the bus to best buy and got the 32 gb black one, $299 + $25 tax + $6 CA recycle (i didn't know this fee even exists) = $331

missing the day when i didn't have to pay taxes on amazon :(,

8. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

I was very lucky and walked into the store and told them I wanted a black or red 64gb touch and he disappeared only to return with it in his hand. You got to call everyday as they get stock in all during the week.