When will 13" macbook Pro get Intel Core ix

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tac22, Feb 19, 2010.

1. tac22 macrumors 6502

The updates to the macbook pros are coming soon enough, :rolleyes: "or so we all think". But my feeling is we well probably have the high end 15inch be a i5, and then low end 17in an i5 followed by the high end with an i7. and all others still C2D
    Of course you can dispute what you think it will be.

But my question is if i am right or sort of right. When will the 13 inch get a core ix processor. i was thinking atleast by next spring, (or i hope cuz thats when i will be in the market for upgrading my soon to be 4 year old 2.0ghz alum imac to a macbook pro) :apple:

2. zipa macrumors 65816

At the same time that all the other Macbook Pros will. Given that the 13" is the best-seller of the MBP line-up, it would make absolutely no sense to intentionally cripple it.

3. smithmax13 macrumors member

Everyone is saying that they will all be updated at the same time, but the iMacs weren't all done at the same time.

4. tac22 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well thats what i was thinking, but then again the iMac ones are all Quad Core correct, and the Notebook Core ix's weren't out yet, so technically aren't the imac's due for an upgrade to the new processors, or do people think the 3.06ghz C2D are sufficient. But it definitely would be nice to to see the new processors in the Macbook Pros, across the board; i just don't see it happening, Apple likes to take its sweet time milking the cow:p

5. enberg macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

There are no actual indications that apple won't update across the line. Only nonsensical speculations.

6. tac22 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea i guess it makes sense, we will have to wait and see. Another thing do you think it well get usb 3.0, personally i think its doubtful but who knows, But do you think USB 3.0 or light peak will be implemented by Summer 2011?

7. darklich macrumors member

I kind of disagree. I think most of the people who buy the 13 are clueless about the CPU. The just want a compact shiny new mac. I guarantee that Apple will continue to make bank selling the 13 with C2Ds. I think they will leave the 13 out of the update until the CD2s run out and they have to switch. Only the 15 and the 17 will get the ix this time around. It just makes good business sense considering the type of people who buy it.

8. OzyOly macrumors 6502a

There's no evidence that apple are going to update at all, at least anytime soon.

9. darklich macrumors member

I think the existence of the ix is evidence enough.

10. 6-0 Prolene macrumors 6502

Is the 13" really the best-selling MBP? I'd have bet money on the 15"... and lost, evidently. :)

11. vant macrumors 65816

Judging by the fact that all Intel consumer processors will be Core iX, the MBP will have to use one.

And yes the MBP13 is by far the best selling one.

/thread.

12. Cam42 macrumors member

I think the i3 will make it in to the 13" MBP, maybe an i5 as an Apple Online Store build-to-order kind of thing, like the i7 in the iMacs.

13. Fuchal macrumors 68020

Because I choose a more portable computer I am clueless about the CPU?

14. phrint macrumors 6502

I think the poster who made that comment was talking about the general public outside of obsessive techies. For example, I was at the Apple store today deciding if I was going to get a 2.8 MBP or wait for Arrandale. There was some young college student in there shopping on Daddy's credit card. She purchased a new 15" no questions asked. I wanted to tell her the update was coming but I highly doubt she gave a crap. This is the typical Apple customer these days.

No one outside of blogs and forums really cares about the forthcoming update. Apple could entirely wait for Sandy Bridge and not update at all. No one would be the wiser. Of course, the blogs would go nuts but it wouldn't affect the general public's opinion.

15. liljoedaprince macrumors member

Unfortunately, you are right. If you are a techie with a Mac, no matter how much you know, you are just a clueless fanboy :(