When will 13'' retina MBA be out?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by riveting, Jun 18, 2012.

1. riveting macrumors 6502

I was waiting for the 13 retina MBA but got disappointed to hear about rMBP. Well of course rMBP is a fantastic machine, it is just I don't want to spend $2000 on a laptop no matter how good it is and I prefer the small footprint from the air.
    I could have ordered the 2011 MBA nearly a year ago, now the 2012 MBA is out, but I fail to see any significant difference. I would have jumped it if the 2012 MBA comes with an IPS screen (even without retina resolution).

When will the 13 retina MBA likely to be out. I have now a few choice, either running my old dell vostro laptop with P8400 processor (still running strong) or buy a new 2012 MBA or a refurbished 2011 MBA to save some money. Still debating, if I got a MBA, I might be able to sell my ipad to recoupe some money, but I would definitely miss the ipad IPS retina screen.

2. barredfreak macrumors 6502

The 13" MBPR will probably be released before the Retina display is brought to the Air. You could be looking at a Retina Air, but at WWDC '13.

3. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

probably a while before the airs get retina b.c it would kinda make them not an air since the battery will have to be bigger