when will 1Password 3 be available?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by btownguy, Sep 4, 2009.

1. btownguy macrumors 6502

I know it's in beta and my license allows me to get it for free, but I'm wondering how long it will be. The developers said that the early release of Snow Leopard caught them by surprise as they had been developing towards a September release date. Should we expect 1Password 3 before the end of September?

2. Achiever macrumors 6502

Achiever

Only the developers know for sure, but I can say that their beta program was initially restricted to a select few, so it hasn't yet gotten to the point where they felt it was stable enough to offer for a wider release (also they wanted to keep some features under wraps). That said, this is an app with excellent and active developer support so while they will not release anything until it is ready, I can only guess that that mystery date will be sooner rather than later.

3. numbersyx macrumors 65816

numbersyx

Is this going to be free? I understood it to be a paid upgrade. I am looking forward to it too....

4. btownguy thread starter macrumors 6502

I think they said that it's free if your license key begins with "1PW3". If not, it's going to cost you $20 for an upgrade.