Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kjodder

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
Hey....

Just got my Iphone, and im pretty impressed by the thing, nice features.

But still i looking forward to 2.0 , so i can hooke it up in my MS Exchange environment.

Theres a lot of talk, about that 2.0 is out for beta test, is there not a chance that this beta will be available in the near future ?

Anyone betatesting 2.0, and can make a review of the active sync feature ?

Best regards

Kim

newyorksole

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
The plan is for late june.

Can anyone confirm if it's software version 1.2 or 2.0?

There is a YouTube Safari plug in for Safari, search contacts feature, and ability to save images from safari, all of which are features that weren't shown at the march 6th announcement.

Niiro13

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2008
Illinois
The plan is for late june.

Can anyone confirm if it's software version 1.2 or 2.0?

There is a YouTube Safari plug in for Safari, search contacts feature, and ability to save images from safari, all of which are features that weren't shown at the march 6th announcement.

We all know it's 1.2.

But in the About Menu it's 2.0 as well as iTunes.

Only the recent build has the search and the ability to save images.

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
The end of June, which either means June 31 or the first week of July. The official version right now is 2.0.

zainjetha

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2007
and then the bastards will make iPod touch owners pay for the upgrade again... just wait and see...

PoitNarf

macrumors 65816
May 28, 2007
Northern NJ

Anyone currently beta testing would be unable to comment due to the NDA they agreed to to get a hold of the beta.

and then the bastards will make iPod touch owners pay for the upgrade again... just wait and see...

No need to wait and see, that was already announced by Steve Jobs the day they announced 2.0.

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007

They are forced to by law. You really think iPhone owners get the better deal? Paying atleast $20 a month where you pay what $20 for major updates every couple of months :eek: Stop complaining.

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
Hey....

Just got my Iphone, and im pretty impressed by the thing, nice features.
But still i looking forward to 2.0 , so i can hooke it up in my MS Exchange environment.
Theres a lot of talk, about that 2.0 is out for beta test, is there not a chance that this beta will be available in the near future ?
Best regards

Kim

1) ~June 10th. Depends if you mean 2.0 OS or 2nd version of iPhone. Both expected June - Just check out the iPhone forum threads, there's plenty there to find out about.
2) They're under a NDA. Don't expect much. It was already demoed by Apple previously - check out the video of the keynote at Apple's website.

joeshell383

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2006
They are forced to by law. You really think iPhone owners get the better deal? Paying atleast $20 a month where you pay what $20 for major updates every couple of months :eek: Stop complaining.

LOL. You just eat up everything Steve says, don't you?

goosnarrggh

macrumors 68000
May 16, 2006
The end of June, which either means June 31 or the first week of July. The official version right now is 2.0.

June 31... that'd be a pretty neat trick!:rolleyes:

Actually, it's a ploy to cover up the fact that they never plan to release it at all:

Apple: "We're going to release it before next June 31!"

The world: "But you said that five years ago!"

Apple (slyly): "Yeah, but there hasn't been a June 31 since then, has there?"

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
LOL. You just eat up everything Steve says, don't you?

I don't recal Steve ever mentioning any of that. What makes you think your so special? Any better then the rest of us? You need to stop whining and complaining about everything.

Actually, it's a ploy to cover up the fact that they never plan to release it at all:

Wow, I can't believe I, or anyone else hasn't caught that yet...My apologies :D June 30...

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005

I'm pretty sure the G5 PowerBooks are out on June 31st.

chrismac00

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2007
I think iPod Touch owners deserve paying the price. Why didn't they just buy an iPhone in the first place? It's like buying Leopard for your MacBook with Tiger, if you really want it you will buy it.

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
I think iPod Touch owners deserve paying the price. Why didn't they just buy an iPhone in the first place? It's like buying Leopard for your MacBook with Tiger, if you really want it you will buy it.

It's not quite like that. I agree, touch owners should pay, but they can't necessarily get an iPhone, it might not be available to them, either because of location or because they are already locked into a carrier.

chrismac00

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2007
It's not quite like that. I agree, touch owners should pay, but they can't necessarily get an iPhone, it might not be available to them, either because of location or because they are already locked into a carrier.

Okay I'm sorry for posting that they should get an iPhone. Still, like I said, it's like paying for a new OS upgrade, its big and if you want it you will get it. It's just that this time, iPhone users have the advantage of getting it for free :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.