When will 2016 MBP production likely start?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by unregbaron, May 5, 2016.

1. unregbaron macrumors regular

If new machines are announced 13 June, maybe ready to order 20 June, deliveries 3 weeks later? (no idea if this is typical).

When will production start ? I'm just thinking when we can hope to start to see leaks....

2. Dave245 macrumors 601

We will probably not see any leaks for the Macbook Pro. The only leaked device seems to be the iPhone, sometimes iPad's but Mac's rarely see leaks. It will also depend if there is complete redesign for the Macbook Pro or just a few updates.

3. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

We won't see any leaks, to be honest I don't think they'll even mention them at wwdc as its a software conference. I know they have used it to announce devices before but unless they do a redesign I think it'll just be a silent update with no announcement that could happen anytime.

4. Dave245 macrumors 601

I think they could, the fact that they will be holding the WWDC keynote at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium is an indicator that they have more stuff to show us. The sam building where they announced the iPad Pro (12.9") iPhone 6s, Apple TV 4 and some other stuff. Apple usually hold there events at places that reflect it, the small iPhone SE event was at Apple's own campus for example.

5. 2457248 Suspended

given that they sell 100 thousands/millions of them, production has likely already started.

6. Fishrrman macrumors G3

7. killawat macrumors 65816

The 2012 Retina Macbook Pro was available to purchase that same day (at least from Apple.com, probably a day or two later at retail stores). This isn't their first rodeo.